HEREFORD United have been beaten 6-0 tonight by Turkish giants Beşiktaş - in one of the most baffling fixtures in the club's history.
The friendly was not publicised to the press or supporters until Hereford United revealed it on their Twitter account shortly before kick-off.
United cannot play matches in front of spectators at Edgar Street due to safety concerns from Herefordshire Council.
Last week, Leek Town cancelled a home fixture against Hereford United due to the ongoing crisis at Edgar Street.
And earlier today, the Southern League confirmed that Hereford United still had a transfer embargo placed upon them and could not sign players.
But Turkish giants Beşiktaş this evening met Jon Taylor's unknown Bulls in a friendly which took place somewhere near Leeds, according to advisor Joel Nathan.
The match was hosted by West Riding County Football Association Ltd.
It was another unexpected twist in the most traumatic and bizarre six weeks in the history of Hereford United.
London businessman Tommy Agombar is still not prepared to answer any questions from the local media about his takeover of the club.
“There was a blank night in their list so the team has stepped in to play a match which is taking place up north tonight,” said Nathan, who will be at Edgar Street on Wednesday.
“You can train as much as you like but the players need to play football and this is a training match for the players,” said Nathan.
“This is all about playing football and the football contacts we have. I don't know where it is being played but it's up north and somewhere near Leeds."
Nathan added that ‘to the best of his knowledge’ United’s football creditors will be paid either today or tomorrow.
“I know that I said that I would not be saying anything but, to the best of my knowledge, football creditors are being paid today or tomorrow,” said Nathan.
“I have been told by a very reliable source who knows what’s going on and that is football creditors will be paid.”
Nathan admitted he did not know too much about the transfer embargo on the club.
“We thought the transfer embargo was not on the club but I have a very good working relationship with the Southern League and I will be getting in touch with Jason Mills.”
Nathan said United’s ground issue will be resolved by next Monday.
The ground failed a safety inspection from Herefordshire Council and the club, at present, cannot play matches in front of spectators at Edgar Street.
“The work will be completed this Friday and we will be inviting the services to do their inspection a week today so it’s all coming together,” he said.
“The ground will be open well in advance of the first home game of the season.
“I will be agreeing terms with a new safety officer for the ground on Wednesday.”
Herefordshire Council's Marc Willimont Tweeted: "Safety discussions with #HUFC this afternoon encouraging. Council told that works to be carried out for sign off by 9 Aug / start of season."