FIRE crews across the county were kept busy over the weekend.
On Friday evening, at around 10.25pm, two crews from Hereford were called to a smell of burning at an address in Gorsty Lane, Hereford.
They found a small amount of garden refuse smouldering and extinguished it with one hose reel jet.
Firefighters from Whitchurch and Ross-on-Wye used one hose reel jet and two breathing apparatus to extinguish a kitchen fire after a pan was left on a cooker on Dean Swift Close in Goodrich at around 3.30pm on Saturday.
Electrics and LPG cylinders were also isolated.
Bromyard's Animal Rescue Team rescued a Shire Horse which was trapped in mud up to its waist in Muderfield at around 3.30pm on Saturday using strops and a slide board.
At around 3.45pm on Saturday, firefighters from Hereford released a child's foot which was trapped in a metal garden chair using small gear and hand tools in Tavistock Drive.
Also on Saturday, crews from Leominster, Kingsland and Kington attended a barn fire in Vestry, Kington, and used four jets to dampen the area at around 7.20pm.