Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Clehonger woman chokes on bacon sandwich
11:31am Thursday 16th January 2014 in News
A WOMAN died after choking on a bacon sandwich, an inquest heard.
Pauline Munslow, from Gosmore Road, Clehonger, was taken to Hereford County Hospital following the incident at her home on September 22 last year, but died the following day.
Dr Mark Hayes, a pathologist at the hospital, said that that the choke caused the 75-year-old to have a hypoxic brain injury, which led to her death.
Mrs Munslow's husband John said that his wife always ate her food fast and often struggled for breath.
"She had dentures, which I think affected the way she ate and she had problems chewing.," said Mr Munslow.
The inquest heard that the piece of bacon lodged in Mrs Munslow's throat was about three centimetres long.
She was given CPR by paramedics before being taken to hospital, where she later died.
Senior coroner Mark Bricknell recorded a verdict of accidental death.