Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Herefordshire travel disrupted by earlier downpour
9:34am Wednesday 21st November 2012 in News
HEAVY rain is causing some problems on Herefordshire roads this morning.
Due to flooding at Ledbury, London Midland trains between Great Malvern and Hereford are currently being replaced by bus services.
And the Environment Agency has issued a 'Flood Warning' for the River Frome through Herefordshire.
You can find live updates on our traffic and travel page.
Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service have issued advice on how to stay safe during flooding:
• If you know your home is at risk of flooding, prepare a list of useful phone numbers and keep it somewhere safe.
• If your home does begin to flood, turn off your electricity supply, and do not touch any sources of electricity such as switches or appliances when you are standing in flood water.
• If you have an elderly or vulnerable family member or neighbour who is at risk of flooding, contact them to ensure they are prepared and know what to do should their home flood.
• Don't try to drive through standing water - as well as the water damaging your car, there may be hazards under the water you can't see.
• Listen out for warnings on radio and TV.
•For up to date flood watch information please call Floodline on 0845 988 1188
Comments are closed on this article.