THE fight is on to battle antisocial drivers in one Herefordshire town.

Antisocial drivers have been reported driving "a number of vehicles" around the town and industrial estate in Bromyard, said police constable Lowri Jones of Bromyard's safer neighbourhood team. 

PC Jones said officers are dealing with the issue in the town.


She explained that, aside from prosecuting offenders for motoring offences that could lead to being disqualified from driving, the police can also rely on a power to seize motor vehicles using Section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002. The keeper of the vehicle will be liable for recovery and storage costs when they eventually get the vehicle back, she said.

Section 59 also covers any such use of a motor vehicle off-road, such as common land, moorland, bridle paths, footpaths, tracks and fields.

An official complaint does not even have to be received by the police for them to enforce the law.

If you wish to report vehicles being driving in an anti-social manner, please give us as much information as possible, vehicle colour, make, model, registration number etc. You can report via telephone 101 or 999 if it is happening there and then.