A SITTING room was heavily smoke logged after a woodburning stove caught fire at a property in Herefordshire.

Three fire engines - one each from Kington, Peterchurch and Fownhope - plus the aerial ladder platform from Hereford, were called to Clifford at just after 9.55pm on Saturday (December 9).


The sitting room containing the woodburning stove was ventilated naturally, with crews using hose reel jets, as well as the aerial ladder platform, to tackle the fire.

A thermal image camera was also used to check for hotspots.

There were no casualties and no other emergency services were required.

Crews left the scene shortly before 1.20am the following morning, but re-inspections took place at 4am and 7am.