A DRINK driver who was almost three times over the limit urinated in the back of a police van. 

Noah Price, from Wheatcommon Lane, near Ludlow, was stopped by police at the Applegreen petrol station in the Bargates area of Leominster at around 9.30pm on April 19.

Mark Hambling, prosecuting at Hereford Magistrates Court, said the 39-year-old was drunk when officers spoke to him, with a roadside breath test recording 100 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35mg. 


"He is arrested and taken in a police van to custody towards Hereford," said Mr Hambling.

"He stands up in the rear of the van and attempts to urinate. Then he does urinate in the back of it and is arrested for criminal damage. 

"He doesn't engage with officers in a respectful manner."

Mr Hambling added that Price had a previous conviction in 2017 for failing to provide a specimen for analysis.

In defence, Andrew Cleal said that Price lives in a caravan and has eight children between himself and his partner, all of whom live on site. 


"Mr Price has always worked as a gardener, collecting scrap metal etc and has contributed towards all of his children's upbringing," said Mr Cleal.

"He came from Oxford in September last year and has lived in Herefordshire since then.

"He is aware he's going to lose his licence for a lengthy time but has entered a guilty plea at the earliest opportunity and has kept out of trouble since 2017.

"He doesn't drink a lot and when he engaged with police, especially with what happened in the van, he was embarrassed."

Price pleaded guilty to driving a motor vehicle when the alcohol limit was above the limit, using a motor vehicle on a road or public place without third party insurance anbd criminal damage to property.

Magistrates ordered him to carry out community work and banned him from driving for three years, which will be reduced if he successfully attend a drink drive rehabilitation course. He is also to undertake 10 rehabilitation courses.

For having no insurance, he was fined £100, while he has to pay £50 compensation for the criminal damage to the police van.

Court costs and a victim surcharge were also imposed.