GOAL-HAPPY AFC Ludlow unleashed a potent, power-packed display to destroy bewildered Bustleholme.

The West Midlands (Regional)?League Division One leaders maintained their nine-point cushion at the head of the table by storming to a sensational 10-0 win.

Boss Dave Cooper had a heart-to-heart with his squad before the start and it paid rich dividends as Ludlow hit double figures with some devastating attacking - yet Cooper gave the man-of-the-match accolade to his goalkeeper Ian Havard.

“Ian was immaculate and made a handful of great saves but in truth we battered Bustleholme and this is something that has been coming for a few weeks,” admitted Cooper. “We were ruthless in front of goal and we could have scored more.”

Ludlow, who had struggled to overcome nine-man Telford Juniors 2-1 in the quarter-final of the TJ?Vickers Premier Cup last Wednesday, were 4-0 up and cruising at the break with a pair apiece from Jason Wellings and the prolific Dale Hodge.

Bustleholme, who had drawn 2-2 at Kington a fortnight earlier, had no answers and six more goals followed in the second half.

Top-scorer Hodge completed a hat-trick to take his tally for the season to 18, brother Aaron Hodge came off the substitute’s bench to score, with an own goal and other strikes from midfielders Kieran Dovey, Jamie Edwards and Jamie Hammonds making up the tally.

Ludlow also had three other efforts ruled out and Cooper added: “We are going to be top of the table at Christmas and I have to be happy with that.”

AFC?face a third consecutive home game with mid-table Shenstone Pathfinders this weekend before visiting Penncroft the following Saturday in their final fixture of 2015.

l THE draw for the semi-finals of the TJ?Vickers Premier Cup, scheduled for this week, was put back and will now take place this coming Monday evening.

A first-half goal from Wellings and a penalty from skipper Jack Beaumont 17 minutes from time saw AFC through against Mercian League side Telford Juniors at Shrewsbury College of Arts and Technology last week but boss Cooper said: “We created plenty of chances but a mixture of great goalkeeping and wasteful finishing nearly cost us.

“Telford were down to nine men for the last 20 minutes and they can count themselves unlucky not to have grabbed an equaliser when they hit the bar with a thunderous 30 yard effort.”