A POACHER’S goal from Bradley Hudson-Odoi salvaged a point for Hereford in a lively Coca-Cola League 1 clash at Edgar Street tonight.

The former Fulham youngster pounced in the 68th minute after a 25-yard free-kick from Kris Taylor had bounced off the outside of the Swindon post.

Hereford deserved their point from a hard working display against a Swindon side who passed the ball well on a soggy pitch.

Hereford’s second-half revival included a good display from Hudson-Odoi who has now scored three goals this season.

Hudson-Odoi also cut inside well the 50th minute but fired his shot into the side netting from a tight angle.

Hereford were also indebted to goalkeeper Darren Randolph who pulled off a superb reflex save to tip over Billy Paynter’s point-blank header in the 82nd minute.

Randolph also made two decent saves in quick succession in the 56th minute to keep out low shots from the threatening Paynter.

The Robins had dominated the first half after a slow start to the match and took the lead in spectacular fashion in first-half stoppage-time.

Jerel Ifil turned to smash home a fierce 20-yard shot via the underside of the crossbar.

Only seconds earlier, Hereford had had a lucky escape when Michael Timlin cracked an almost identical shot against the underside of the Bulls’ bar.

Hereford failed to clear the danger from Timlin’s initial effort and Ifil rifled home his second goal in four days.

The goal was a set-back for Hereford who had been pressing hard for the opening goal towards the end of the half before Swindon’s spectacular goal.

Earlier, the pace of Swindon left-winger Anthony McNamee caused problems for Hereford’s debutant right-back Richard Jackson.

Jackson had to be alert in the ninth minute when he cleared a dangerous right-wing cross from Simon Cox.

Swindon should have gone ahead in the 25th minute when Cox raced on to Billy Paynter’s through-ball but dragged his shot wide with only Randolph to beat.

Hereford threatened through on-loan Andy Williams who cut inside from the left before curling a powerful shot narrowly wide in the 14th minute.

Hereford: Hereford team: Randolph; Rose, Jackson, Beckwith, Taylor; Diagouraga, Ben Smith, O’Leary; Hudson-Odoi, Williams (Done, 85 mins), Guinan. Subs not used: Samson, Clint Easton, Ashikodi, Oji.

Swindon: Smith, Amankwaah, Ifill, Aljofree, Smith, Nalis, Craig Easton, Timlin, McNamee (Marshall, 80 mins), Paynter (Peacock, 86 mins), Cox.

Referee: Graham Salisbury (Lancashire).

Goals: 0-1, Ifil 45 mins; 1-1, Hudson-Odoi 68 mins.

Bookings: Hereford: None; Swindon: Ifil (foul).

Attendance: 4,061 (761 Swindon fans).