HEREFORD United expect to have a new face in their squad for Saturday's League 2 clash with Accrington Stanley at Edgar Street after agreeing a loan deal with Scunthorpe United for midfielder Neil MacKenzie.

The 30-year-old arrives at Edgar Street this morning (Thursday) to sign on.

Mackenzie began his career with Stoke City and has subsequently played for Cambridge United, Kidderminster Harriers, Blackpool, Mansfield Town and Macclesfield Town before joining the Iron in November last year.

He has played seven times in their first team this season, netting once in the 1-1 draw at Bournemouth.

Bulls chief Graham Turner has doubts over defender Martyn Giles and wing-back Simon Travis who missed last week's fine 3-1 win at Milton Keynes Dons with head and hamstring injuries respectively.

But Tim Sills is likely to be available after completing 90 minutes in Tuesday's win over Bromyard Town.

Skipper Tamika Mkandawire and striker Stuart Fleetwood, who both appeared in the Football League's League 2 team of the week' will be included.

After Saturday, United will have to consider how best to proceed with their three-match experiment of allowing under-10s who obtain their tickets in advance to have free entry to matches when accompanying an adult.

"We shall give serious consideration to this because we do not wish to be unfair to season ticket holders who put their money up-front at the start of the season," said Turner, who indicated that a special offer programme might continue with reduced-price, rather than free, entry for juniors.

As expected, holders Hereford had little difficulty in brushing aside Bromyard Town 8-1 to move into the last four of this season's HFA Senior Floodlit Invitation Cup at Edgar Street on Tuesday evening.

After Sills had smashed a 16th-minute shot against the bar, Luke Webb's pass sent Marcus Palmer racing into the area and the young striker's cross-shot was whacked into the roof of his own net by the unfortunate Bromyard player Joe Maidment.

Sills added a second shortly afterwards when he rose well to flick home a cross from Gareth Sheldon.

Adam Ward and Chris Allen went close for Bromyard before two more Hereford goals from Jordan Fitzpatrick and Palmer took the tie firmly out of the visitors' reach.

Centre-back Phil Gulliver headed in a Sheldon cross on 57 minutes, with Webb's deflected drive making it six two minutes later.

Sills then headed his second from a Sheldon cross before a double substitution brought Town some reward.

One of the replacements, Aaron Drake, sped into the area before dragging the ball back for the unmarked Allen to crack home the visitors' consolation.

Their evening's torture was not quite complete, however, as, seven minutes from time Palmer fired his second of the night past goalkeeper Dean Smith.

Hereford: Thompson; Wallis, Jeannin, Gulliver, Ferrell; Fitzpatrick, Gwynne, Webb,Sheldon; Sills, Palmer. Subs not used: Brown, Purdie, Rose, Beckwith, Connell.

Bromyard: Smith, Dew, Ward (Clinton, 67 min), Dew, Maidment, Woodward, McLean, McCarthy, Malins (Drake, 67 min), Baylis, Allen (Banks, 78 min). Subs not used: Brown, Watkins.

Referee: Kevin Morris (Hereford).

Attendance: 142.

Goals: Maidment og, 21 min, 1-0; Sills, 27 min, 2-0; Fitzpatrick, 38 min, 3-0; Palmer, 40 min, 4-0; Gulliver, 56 min, 5-0; Webb, 58 min, 6-0; Sills, 64 min, 7-0; Allen, 70 min, 7-1; Palmer, 84 min, 8-1.