FOR their second home second league match in a row Hay St Mary's scored three goals but were unable to secure their first league win of the season at Forest Road, when Caldicot Town came away from their long journey as 4-3 victors.


The Monmouthshire visitors started the Floodlighting and Electrical Services Ardal South East match brightly and Lyes Mihoubi headed wide of the far post from a third minute corner.


Hay goalkeeper Alex Horsley was forced into a smart close range save from Ben Donoghue in the ninth minute before Sam Swann was unable to keep his 25 yard free-kick under the crossbar two minutes later.


At the opposite end Jack Cripps was played through on goal but struck his shot over the crossbar.

It was the Monmouthshire club who eventually broke the deadlock when Swann converted a 39th minute penalty awarded for handball.

Caldicot Town came close to increasing their advantage four minutes later when Horsley was called into action to turn behind Ngunjoh's deflected shot for a corner.

The lead was doubled three minutes after the interval when defender Simon Crook was allowed to drive forward and struck a 25-yard rocket into the top corner of Horsley's goal.

The hosts looked to respond in the 53rd minute but Kiegan Powell was unable to keep his driven effort on target.

Hay St Mary's reduced the deficit four minutes later when Brendan Hackett netted from close range.

The Saints were quickly level as Jack Biggs fired his a 30-yard effort over the head of Caldicot Town goalkeeper Matthew Sandiford.

Despite the fightback it was the visitors who regained the lead within 60 seconds of the restart when Smith converted a Ngunjoh pullback from the byline.

The Jubilee Way outfit extended their advantage in the 65th minute after Ngunjoh latched on to a pass from Swann to slide the ball past Horsley.

Hay St Mary's looked to respond from the restart but Liam Mcanally placed his effort wide of the far post.

The Saints were back in the tie on 67 minutes after Cripps ran on to a through ball before rounding Sandiford and turning into an unguarded net.

Caldicot Town had opportunities to extend their lead when Ben Burns tried his luck from 25 yard in the 80th minute before Smith was denied from close range three minutes later following a long throw into the penalty area.

The Saints had an opportunity to secure a point in stoppage time, but Biggs' header was cleared off the line from a 93rd minute corner as the hosts ultimately came away empty handed.