HEREFORD FC returned to winning ways as Tope Obadeyi’s header saw off Rushall Olympic at a blustery Dales Lane.

With the Pics edging the contest on chances created, it wasn’t until the 70th minute that the deadlock was broken when the returning Maziar Kouhyar found Obadeyi at the back post to net the winner.

Alex Babos, replacing the departed Tom Pugh in the starting line-up for the visitors, tried his luck from range after 11 minutes with his effort flying not too far wide of the post.

Rushall Olympic’s first opportunity fell to Andre Carvalho-Landell five minutes later after he was found by Jourdain Masidi but his shot on the turn was just wide of the mark.

Landell was found free inside the box on the 22nd minute, forcing Curtis Pond into producing a fine save to deny his initial effort before Kyle Howkins stepped in to make a vital block.

The half-hour mark saw the visitors come close to taking the lead when Lassana Mendes drove forward with the ball before rattling an effort from outside the box against the crossbar.

The Pics continued to look threatening with Masidi firing a low driven effort just wide of the post in the 54th minute after creating space for himself with some neat footwork.

Pond was called into action again two minutes later when Mitchell Clarke’s well struck shot produced a decent save from the former Chasetown goalkeeper.

A goalmouth scramble ensued in the 69th minute after York City loanee Kouhyar’s free-kick found Andy Williams inside the box before the ball was cleared by Rushall.

A minute later and Hereford were ahead when Kouhyar’s corner was met at the back post by Obadeyi who headed home for his second goal in as many matches.

With four minutes remaining Rico Browne let fly a goal-bound effort from outside the area but Pond was there to save and make sure Hereford headed home with all three points.

Hereford: Pond, Skinner, Teixeira, Downing (Cameron 60), Ceesay, Babos (Kouhyar 59), Obadeyi, Mendes, Southern, Rooney (Williams 67), Howkins Unused Subs: Livingstone, Tanor