HEREFORD RFC head coach Scott Sturdy is urging his side to start sticking performances together after they fell to a 33-17 defeat at Silhillians.

The Wyesiders three tries came courtesy of a Stephan Dyers brace and Scott Robinson third try.

Silhillians’ winning margin came from four penalties and a conversion – after also scoring three tries.

“A disappointing day for all Wyesiders across the board,” said Sturdy. “It was very pleasing to see improvements in terms of their patience when we got to the 22, building multiple phases and executing.

“Unfortunately, some of the parts of our game did not function as well today and we’ll need to address these as we move into the new year.

“I do truly believe that all the parts are there and we just need to start sticking them all together on the same day.”

Silhillians started well showing their width and flair in attack and after 10 minutes they opened their account with a converted try – driving over from a ruck on the Hereford line.

The Wyesiders responded strongly, playing out wide for their lightning fast South African winger Dyers, beating the defence into the corner.

The conversion attempt from wide out was not successful.

Silhillians landed a penalty before Hereford took the lead with a second Dyers try with the left winger sprinting 50 yards to score in the corner. An excellent Bryn Goodall conversion took the Wyesiders into a 10-12 lead.

The game was finely balanced with 10 minutes to go until the interval and the hosts turned up the pressure.

Hereford defended heroically but could not hold out and a brace of penalties and a converted try extended the Silhillians lead to a convincing 23-12 at half-time.

From the kick-off, Silhillians maintained the pressure and increased their lead with a converted try.

With a hosts lead now 30-12, it was a big ask for the Wyesiders to come back with their opponents on form and playing some good rugby.

Again, Hereford showed their resilience and from the restart built numerous phases.

They were very unfortunate having created a good two-on-one opening, when the referee blew up for an injury just as they seemed certain to score.

The Wyesiders were not deterred, they went through a number of phases and Robinson crashed over from short range for an unconverted try.

Silhillians added a further penalty to their tally and the final quarter was played out in mid-field leaving the final score at 33-17.

Ben Hyde, another graduate from last year’s Colts squad, made his senior debut off the bench during a 30-minute shift.

The 1870s had a hard game with Pershore losing by 10-27. The Hereford points were scored by George Russell and Sam Roberts with one try apiece.