ADAM ROONEY’S first half header was enough to see Hereford past South Park and into the FA Trophy fourth round.

The Bulls took the lead through Rooney following a bright start from the Isthmian South Central Division side and despite chances for both sides, 1-0 is how the scoreline remained.

Jamarie Brissett looked threatening for the visitors early on and after slicing through the Bulls’ defence in the seventh minute, found Aiden Brown whose shot was straight at Curtis Pond.

Brissett was in action again four minutes later when he drove at the Hereford back-line but his effort from the edge of the box lacked power and failed to trouble Pond.

Scunthorpe loanee Tom Pugh delivered a threatening free-kick in the 25th minute towards the back post where Nathan Cameron came close to making contact before it dropped wide.

The deadlock was broken a minute later when Koby Arthur’s whipped cross found Rooney inside the box who headed past Daniel Bracken into the bottom corner of the net.

Hereford thought they had doubled their lead in the 53rd minute when Jason Cowley nodded in Jack Tolley’s cross but the goal was ruled out after the striker was caught offside.

The 64th minute saw Arthur fire off a close range shot from a tight angle with Rooney nearly latching onto the rebound but Bracken was alert to claim at the second attempt.

A neat turn from Pugh then allowed the midfielder to try his luck from 25 yards out with a rifled shot which clipped the top of the crossbar before landing out of play.

South Park rallied late on and centre-halve Ethan Kaiser drove forward with the ball before firing a shot inches wide of the post with Pond seemingly beaten.

Deep into added time Jude Molloy’s cross found substitute Oliver Twum inside the Hereford box whose flicked header couldn’t trouble Pond, leaving the Bulls to progress.

Hereford: Pond, Skinner, Teixeira (Mendes 61), Cowley, Pugh, Tolley (Walby 70), Southern, Rooney, Arthur (Livingstone 84), Cameron, Howkins

Unused Subs: Ceesay, Babos, Sterry, Derricott