WESTFIELDS suffered late heartbreak when a last ditch goal gave promotion contenders Royal Wootton Bassett Town a 2-1 victory following an end to end Hellenic League Premier Division game at allpay.park.

Scott Russell’s new-look team had battled superbly from start to finished and it was a bitter pill to swallow when the visitors scored the late winner.

Fields took an 18th minute lead when Ollie Barnes put the home side ahead from the penalty spot after he had been brought down.

However, the lead was short-lived when Alan Griffin headed off the cross bar from a corner and Tommy Aldridge slammed home the rebound in a goalmouth scramble for the Royal Wootton Bassett Town equaliser.

Westfields hit back with both Archie Muirhead and Ollie Barnes going close before the interval.
After the break the hosts worked hard but defences were on top at both ends and the two teams could not break each other down and it looked like a 1-1 draw was on the cards.

That was until Brad Phillips conceded a free kick outside the box and Alan Griffin saw his last minute effort creep in at the far post giving the visitors a last minute victory.

Last week Fields overcame a tricky Hellenic League Cup tie at FC Bristol when they progressed on penalties following a 1-1 draw.

Debut keeper Archie Burford kept Westfields in the game early on with smart saves.

FC Bristol eventually broke the deadlock just before half-time when after Burford had produced a double save the ball landed perfectly for Rick Davies to crash home from close range.

Russell sent on substitute Sam Muirhead and the youngster equalised in the 84th minute to send the game into a penalty shoot-out.

Burford saved the first FC Bristol penalty and Westfields went on to score all five of their penalties to go through to the next round 5-3 on penalties, 

Hereford Pegasus came away with a well-earned 1-1 draw away at Premier Division leaders Corsham Town.

Peggy surprised the leaders in the 18th minute when Cawley Cox converted a Jordan Williamson cross.

However, the hosts gained parity when Matt Swan converted a penalty with the last kick of the half.

Corsham had the better of the second half but, the visitors were resilient enough to deserve a share of the spoils.

A late Lewis Moseley winner sent Pegasus through in the Herefordshire FA County Cup following a 3-2 win over Ledbury Town.

Ben Miller opened the scoring for Ledbury before Pegasus struck back through Harry Pitman and Frank Pemberton, with Moseley settling the tie late on.

Meanwhile, Hereford Lads Club suffered a 2-0 league defeat at the hands of Brimscombe & Thrupp.