HEREFORD Pegasus moved into the Hellenic Premier top 10 positions with a 3-1 victory against Thornbury Town on Friday night. 

The hosts opened their account in the third minute when Jordan Williamson crossed the ball low into the penalty box and Cawley Cox was on hand to score past debutant goalkeeper Adam Clark.  

Pegasus, who had new signing Adam Newbury in their midfield, controlled the game for the next 20 minutes without seriously troubling Clark.

Thornbury gradually clawed their way into game with Matt Gwynne being forced into action and produced a couple of decent saves.  

In the 28th minute Stanley Wyatt benefited from a ricochet with the ball falling to him to score from close range at the near post.

With two minutes remaining of the half Pegasus almost regained the lead when Williamson crossed from the right but Harry Pitman shot narrowly wide.

Two minutes into the second half a corner kick by Williamson was met by the head of Mike Burgess, his goal bound header was deflected for a corner.

In the 58th minute, Pegasus regained the lead with a bizarre own goal.  

A Williamson corner kick was partly cleared by the visiting defence, Kyle Panniers miss-hit his shot which hit the back of Luke Garbutz and two other defenders tried to hack the ball to safety before it bounced slowly into the goal.

Five minutes later Wyatt raced onto a good pass from midfield just inside the penalty area and forced another fine save from Gwynne. 

Deep into added time Pegasus wrapped up the win as Nathan Chowns-Higgs diverted a pass from Zach Johnstone past Clark with an audacious flick. 

Hereford Lads Club took advantage of their artificial surface to draw 1-1 with Slimbridge as games across the league were postponed due to the wet weather. 

A Matthew James equaliser earned Lads Club the points after George Neill had opened the scoring for the visitors. 

Westfields away trip to Highworth Town was postponed by the match due to a waterlogged pitch - as soon as the visitors had arrived 

Fields’ chief executive Andrew Morris said: “We were informed mid-morning by Highworth Town that their pitch was waterlogged and little chance of playing due to the torrential rain however the Hellenic League CEO advised us we had to travel which proved a waste of time.  

“l have written a strong report to the Hellenic League voicing our annoyance at having a 124-mile wasted round trip.”