A FIRST half Ben Lodge strike resulted in Fairford Town holding on for a 2-1 victory over a 10-man Westfields side.

Fields suffered a fifth league defeat on the bounce, after Adam Wakely saw his 80th minute penalty brilliantly saved by the Fairford keeper Ben Mitchell.

In the first half it was Fairford who took the lead from the penalty spot when Kai Mahon put the visitors ahead in the 16th minute.

However, Westfields came back well and teenager Rory Thompson put Westfields level with an acrobatic overhead kick in the 37th minute.

Fields were level for just four minutes when the visitors regained the lead before the break when Lodge seized on a defensive mix up in the Westfields defence to send the visitors in 2-1 ahead at the interval.

After good attacking spell Westfields got their chance to draw level when Carrick Hill was brought down in the Fairford box, but Wakely saw his penalty well saved by the visiting keeper.

Fields were dealt further misery towards the end as Harrison Summers was given a straight red card for a late challenge.

Westfields threw men forward to gain a point but the visitors stood firm and record an away victory which keeps them in touch with the play off positions.

Hereford Pegasus travelled to Derbyshire to play Heanor Town in the first round of the Isuzu FA Vase.

The hosts who are midtable in the Premier North Division of the United Counties League provided tough competition.

Midway through the half Heanor gained a free kick and Perry Marriot-Lane’s header went inches wide with the home players unable to make contact.

Six minutes after the restart a through ball from Connor Davies-Austin found Cawley Cox whose effort was saved by the feet of the keeper.

The host’s goalkeeper was called into action when he miss controlled the ball and Jordan Williamson seized the opportunity.

However, the shot stopper recovered the situation with his legs too prevent embarrassment.

In the 73rd minute the deadlock was broken when Pegasus lost position deep into the home half, the hosts broke to gain a corner kick.

The set piece was taken by Josh Craddock and headed home by Jake Carlisle against the run of play.

With minutes remaining Pegasus almost had their equaliser, but Michael Burgess fired a weak shot which was easily gathered by the goalkeeper.

The visitors continued to search for an equaliser but, the hosts were able to hold out until the final whistle.

Hereford Lads Club were also beaten as a Connor Waldon goal gave Royal Wootton Bassett Town a 2-1 victory.

The hosts opened the scoring when a controversial free-kick resulted in Louis Andre Spalding putting his side ahead.

Lads Club substitute pulled his side level on the 55th minute, only for Waldon to net the winner three minutes later.