HEREFORD FC fell to a fifth defeat in six games as Spennymoor Town ran out 2-0 winners at Brewery field after scoring a goal in each half.

Paul Caddis named an unchanged starting eleven from the sensational late win over Chester on Tuesday night.

The hosts, who sat inside the play-off places at the start of play, began on the front foot with Josh Doherty firing a shot goalwards inside the first minute but his effort was blocked.

Bulls goalkeeper Curtis Pond was called into action to deny a Josh Popoola cross and then Will Harris’ strike on goal.

However, Pond was helpless to prevent Spennymoor’s opening goal after the ball was headed down from a corner by former Bulls’ defender Ben Pollock into the path of Josh Popoola, who proceeded to slot home from six yards out.

Hereford began to grow in the game after going behind and Kian Ryley nearly found an equaliser when the Coventry City loanees’ curling effort flew just over the crossbar with goalkeeper James Montgomery seemingly beaten.

The hosts’ goalkeeper was called into action once more when Adam Livingstone fired a long range effort towards goal.

The Bulls made a bright start to the second half but were unable to get any shots off on goal until the 65th minute, when Livingstone’s through ball found the run of Rooney, but Montgomery was on hand to deny the former Aberdeen man.

Hereford were reminded of Spennymoor’s threat in the 79th minute and Pond produced a brilliant double save from Sam Fielding and then Harris.

Lassana Mendes came closest to equalising for the away side when his curling effort from outside the box struck the crossbar in the 83rd minute as Hereford searched for another late equaliser.

However, Spennymoor wrapped the game up in the 88th minute, with Harris latching onto a through ball and finishing past Pond to make it 2-0 and send the Bulls home pointless.

Hereford: Pond, Skinner, Livingstone (Mendes 77), Teixeira, Downing, Babos, Ryley (Stanley 70), Singh (Arthur 67), Southern, Rooney, Cameron

Unused Subs: Cranston, Hewlett,