WESTFIELDS manager Phil Glover felt his side should have been out of sight in the first half after they were held to a 2-2 draw by Cogenhoe United.

Despite Ollie Barnes first half penalty being cancelled out by a controversial spot kick at the other end Daniel Stoneman looked to have won the FA Cup tie with a second goal three minutes from time.

However, the Northampton visitors capitalised on an injury time chance with Jamie Hall scoring to earn a draw and FA Cup replay.

“My initial thoughts were disappointment after conceding so late, it feels like a defeat,” said Glover. “On reflection it was probably a fair result, we were the better side in the first half and should have been out of sight and two or three-nil up.

“The second half they shaded it and were the better side. It’s about us being ruthless, I think we could have been out of sight with the chances that we had.”

From the outset Harrison Summers was causing the visitors problems forcing goalkeeper Adam North into a fourth minute save.

Summers then turned provider when a quickly taken free-kick was crossed into his path only for Adam Wakley to flick his header wide.

Fields had their deserved lead on 19 minutes when Sean Powell ran into the box on the overlap before being dragged down. Striker Barnes kept his composure from the penalty spot and fired home off the post.

Wakley had another chance on the 30-minute mark but sent his volley over the crossbar when in a promising position.

Dan Stoneman was next in on the act driving towards goal before seeing his effort saved down low by the goalkeeper.

Westfields goalkeeper Matt Apperely was forced into action at the other end five minutes before the break and then Alex Parkes fired his rebound wide.

At the opposite end Wakley saw his effort saved before the replied flew inches wide of the post as the half ended 1-0.

Fields continued to probe in the second half with Wakeley and Stoneman both seeing efforts blocked in a goalmouth scramble before the ball was cleared.

Glover’s side continued to probe for a second goal with Summers seeing an effort tipped over before running through one-on-one with goalkeeper North before seeing his shot denied.

With 19 minutes remaining a controversial penalty was awarded against Joel Edwards and Dylan Wilson equalised from the resulting spot kick.

Westfields regained the lead three minutes before the full-time whistle with Stoneman rifling his effort past the goalkeeper.

The game could have been over moments later when Stoneman ran into the box before squaring for Archie Muirhead who steered his effort wide.

However, the game turned in injury time with Hall netting a floated equaliser before in the last minute.

Hall then had the chance to win the game running through on goal before steering his effort wide.