BORDER rivals Radnor Valley and Llandrindod Wells continued their preparations for the upcoming campaign with a pre-season clash at The Bypass.

It was the visitors who prevailed by a 4-1 verdict, to gain some revenge for last season's Aspidistra Radnorshire Cup final defeat, ahead of the two teams meeting again in Lock Stock Ardal North=East action next month.

Llandrindod were on form and opened the scoring on the sixth minute when Shaun Nicholls was on hand at the far post to head a cross from the right-hand side of the penalty area past Otto Jones.

The visitors proceeded to double their advantage 20 minutes later when a Llandrindod Wells corner was only partially cleared and Zak Baker was on hand to lash home the loose ball from close range.

Radnor Valley attempted to respond to the two-goal deficit with Callum Matthews being picked out at the far post but the former Presteigne St Andrews forward was denied by James Barker in the visitor's goal.

However, the Goats were punished further in the 43rd minute when Kieran Mccarley fired home a loose ball after the Goats were unable to clear the ball from their penalty area.

Geraint Lloyd then saw his near post effort blocked for a corner on the stroke of the interval as manager Adam Jones knew that his team would have plenty of work to do after the interval to get back into the match.

Radnor Valley custodian Jones was called upon to keep out a 49th minute free-kick from the edge of his penalty before Robbie Nicholls went close four minutes later after latching on to a Mccarley pass.

Matthews went on a jinking run in the 65th minute and the Goats forward went close again nine minutes later but without testing the goalkeeper.

Radnor Valley were now enjoying their best spell as the Llandrindod Wells defence were forced to clear a 68th minute off their goal line before the Spa Men went down the opposite end of the pitch 60 seconds later, but Tom Durant headed a cross over the target from close range.

Henry Shipley tested Barker's reflexes with a low 25 yard drive in the 76th minute before Robbie Nicholls struck the crossbar five minute later following a swift counter-attack by the Broadway club.

However, the visitors were not to be denied a fourth goal, with five minutes remaining on the clock, when Durant netted from close range after Sammy De Groot was kept out by Jones.

The Goats netted a consolation goal within a minute of the restart when trialist Jacob Jones scored from close range but it did not have an impact on the result as the two teams continued their preparations ahead of their opening competitive fixtures in the JD Welsh Cup.