HEREFORD PEGASUS provided the performance of their season to run out convincing 4-0 winners at Worcester Raiders.

A tight opening to the match exploded on the 33rd minute when a long throw-in from inside the Pegasus half was flicked into Matty James into the path of Cawley Cox who fired into the far corner of the goal.

Three minutes into the second half Pegasus extend the lead after Carlos Moreira was fouled on the left touchline by Sam Carey, who was cautioned for the rash tackle.

Skipper Jamie Price delivered a pin-point free-kick which Matty James volleyed into the roof of the net.

Four minutes later the visitors scored again with Jordan Williamson riffling the ball into the top corner from 20 yards out to make it 3-0.

Midway into the second half Williamson produced a moment of absolute brilliance to put the game out of sight.

Williamson received the ball on his chest, flicked it back over his head and the head of his marker, then hit a left foot volley from 35 yards.

The 300 spectators in attendance were stunned to see their team four goals down and not looking likely to score.

Raiders’ afternoon was summed up four minutes from time when Dean Waldron was shown a red card for fouling Bradlee Phillips.

Speaking about his team’s performance Hereford Pegasus joint manager Mark Hibbard said: “That was our best team performance of the season. We had a plan today and the players did what we asked.”

Elsewhere, Hereford Lads Club were on the wrong end of a 5-3 home defeat against Lydney Town at the County Ground.

Matty Williams had ran through on goal to put the hosts ahead after just three minutes, only for the visitors to reply 10 minutes later.

Two goals before the break gave Lydney at 3-1 lead at the break and then the visitors struck again on the 65th minute.

However, Lads Club responded with Brandon Jennings striking twice, but as the hosts pushed for a late equaliser Lydney scored a fifth.

Westfields home match on Saturday against Brimscombe was postponed.