HEREFORD interim manager Yan Klukowski praised each of his players for an ‘outstanding performance’ as they shocked title hopefuls AFC Fylde by running away 3-1 victors.

Ryan McLean capitalised on a goalkeeping error after just four minutes to put Hereford ahead and shock the hosts.

After some resolute defending second half goals from Aaron Amadi-Holloway and Tyrone Barnett secured Hereford’s sixth away win of the season and moved them up into 13th.

“It was a fantastic response to the performance on Saturday (defeat by Curzon Ashton),” said Klukowski.

“I thought the players to a man were outstanding in delivering the game plan. I can’t speak high enough of them.

“It was an out and out team performance, everybody did their jobs and the only blemish is the late goal we conceded. Up until that point it was probably a perfect defensive display that you’re going to get.

“You earn your luck. The harder you work usually the luckier you get so Ryan McLean has ran 40 or 50 yards to put pressure on the goalkeeper and got his reward and capitalised on a mistake.

“It gave us the perfect start in terms of an away performance and gave us a bit more belief. The way we competed, did the dirty side of the game exceptionally well and our one versus one defending was excellent all over the pitch.”

Hereford went ahead after just four minutes when McLean pressurised the Fylde goalkeeper Chris Neal who lost the ball allowing the Bulls forward to tap into an empty net.

Not content with the one goal Hereford probed for more and Thierry Latty-Fairweather fires wide.

At the other end striker turned defender Aaron Amadi-Holloway was in for Zak Lilly and put his body on the line to block a Harvey Gregson effort on goal.

Luke Charman was next to test the Bulls goal as the title hopefuls threw everything forward but saw his effort fly wide.

Hereford always remained a threat on the break and Latty-Fairweather and Jack Homes both forced goalkeeper Neal into saves before the break.

After half-time Barnett showed his warning signs to the visitors firing his effort over the crossbar.

Hereford doubled their lead on the 54th minute when Holmes’ low free-kick was met by Amadai-Holloway to slot home a second.

Three minutes later Hereford were in dreamland as McLean broke into space before pulling the ball back for Jethro Hanson and then Barnett with the veteran striker unleashing his effort into the goal.

Fylde made changes to try and rescue anything from the match and substitutes Luke Charman and Jordan Cranston before the latter headed well wide from a decent position.

The hosts eventually pulled a goal back with three minutes on the clock as a Cranston corner was knocked down into the box and Joe Rowley fired the ball home.

However, it was Hereford’s night as they secured a vital three points.

Hereford: Visser, Hodgkiss, Thompson-Sommers, McLean, Lloyd (Pinchard 68), Amadi-Holloway, Hanson, Pendley, Barnett (Oppong 81), Holmes, Latty-Fairweather (Andoh 68)

Unused subs: Klukowski, Campbell