WESTFIELDS moved up to third in the Hellenic Premier after a 5-1 victory at Mangotsfield gave them back-to-back league wins.


Phil Glover’s side gave a determined display from start to finish and took their chances scoring five goals for the first time this season.


Westfields got off to a dream start when Adam Wakley blasted home a fourth minute opening goal from the edge of the penalty area to give an early warning to the Bristol hosts.


Wakley’s strike was soon followed by a Jack Gittoes goal when he got on the end of a far post cross by Dan Stoneman to put Westfields 2-0 ahead.


Mangotsfield did come back into the game and Ian Havard twice dived full length to prevent the home side pulling a goal back.


Moments before the interval last season’s leading goal-scorer Josh Hunt was on hand to score with a header after a ball had come back off the Mangotsfield post to give his side a 3-0 half-time lead.


Mangotsfield pulled a goal back immediately after the break to make it 3-1. However, Fields soon restored their three-goal advantage when dangerman Stoneman got on the end of a beautiful pass from Josh Hunt to make it 4-1.


Westfields began to dictate play even more and Archie Muirhead went through and cracked home a fine left-foot shot to give the visitors a 5-1 victory.

Hereford Lads Club made it a clean sweep of Hellenic victories for Hereford sides when they ran out 3-2 winners over Thornbury Town at the County Ground.

In an even encounter Will Loughman put Lads Club ahead with just eight minutes on the clock only to see James Brock equalise.

Brandon Jennings again put Danny Moon’s side ahead only for Harvey Pritchard again to pull Thornbury back level.

However, eight minutes from time substitute Henry Dyde struck the winner for Lads Club.

Westfields used their midweek Wiseman Lighting Floodlit Cup match to field some of their youngsters but ran out 4-2 winners against Long Crendon.

The Division One visitors took a shock 19th minute lead at Allpay Park through Thomas Ashworth only for Harley Morris to eventually equalise two minutes before the break.

Long Crendon again went ahead in the second half through Keegan Simpson but led for just four minutes when Morgan Evans struck.

Further goals from Gittoes and Hunt sent Fields into the next round.