HEREFORD manager Josh Gowling said his side’s goalless draw with Leamington felt like two points dropped rather than one gained.

In a game of very few openings the Bulls had the best chances with Ryan Lloyd having a header cleared off the line in the first half while Harry Pinchard had several set piece opportunities.

However, Leamington stood firm and have conceded the least goals in the league at four from 10 games.

“I thought we rode the first 20 minutes well as I thought they were on top,” said Gowling.

“Away from home what they are good at is throwing balls into the box, crosses, long balls and we dealt with that well.

“After that it was all us. It was one of those nights where you just want something to drop to finish and we just didn’t quite get that luck.

“We had loads of possession. I thought we pressed well, got back into shape well and dealt with their threats.

“When teams camp in like that we’ve got to have a bit more nuise about us to start having some shots off from a bit of distance to draw them out a little bit and then you can start doing the intricacies that we do.

“I’m disappointed as it felt like two points dropped, but they have started the season pretty well.”

Leamington came into the game on the back of some impressive defensive displays with three draws from their four matches on the road.

True to form Hereford met a stubborn defensive unit and a Leamington side who were rarely caught out of shape.

A tight opening to the game took until the 18th minute to open up when Harry Pinchard’s corner found Ryan Lloyd unmarked but his header was cleared off the line by Simeon Maye on the front post.

Four minutes later the Bulls went close again when full-back Thierry Latty-Fairweather beat his marker before finding Jack Holmes who smartly turned his marker before seeing his deflected effort loop just wide.

Hereford were providing all the attacking play and Pinchard's free-kick was cleared to Tyrone Barnett who fired wide.

The last chance of the first half came from another Pinchard set piece on 32 minutes when the midfield sent his direct free-kick over the crossbar.

In similar style to the first half the second period was a game of few chances with Hereford carrying the most threat and the visitors hard to break down.

Hereford had one final push to steal all the three points at the death with their best chance coming in injury time.

Holmes found space in a crowded box and saw his effort deflected down to substitute Yan Klukowski who fired his effort into the side-netting.

Hereford: Visser, Hodgkiss (Klukowski 90), Haines, McLean, Lloyd, Pinchard, Hanson, Barnett (Amadi-Holloway 68), Holmes, Thompson (Storey 82), Latty-Fairweather

Unused subs: Derricott, Campbell