EDGAR Street hero John Mills praised the Hereford FC supporters after he scored a dramatic winner in the quarter-finals of the FA Vase.

Mills converted Joel Edward’s pass in the 119th minute on an

unforgettable day for the Bulls.

Hereford twice had to come from behind to level the game following two Matthew Bunyan goals.

The game finished 2-2 after normal time – Mustapha Bundu

and Mike Symons scoring for Hereford – before the Bulls won it shortly prior to the end of extra-time.

“I couldn’t have left it any later,” joked Mills.

“It wasn’t a good first half and the second half wasn’t great either but again it shows that,

when we don’t play well, we can still hold on and keep in the game.

“Going forward, we’re always going to score goals. It was just a matter of time before we got the last couple.

“As soon as we conceded goals, they [the fans] were straight on singing and cheering us on. The fans didn’t get on our backs at all.

“It was quite easy to because we weren’t playing well today,

but they kept us going and hopefully we showed some faith in


“With it being the Vase, and now we’re into the semis, we’re

only one round away from Wembley.

“Every amateur footballer wants to play at Wembley. There was a lot on the line for both teams but, unfortunately for them, it was us who got the goal in the end.”

Hereford manager Pete Beadle said that, although he felt his

team deserved to win, he was not happy with their performance.

“I think we deserved it towards the end because I think we were the team that were always pressing, pushing and probing, but I think a lot of individuals didn’t come up to standard,” said Beadle.

“There were lots of little mistakes and little stutters. The way the game panned out, we just didn’t get any momentum going.

“And they took their chances and I think maybe we took our foot off the pedal. But we got back in at 1-1 and they scored

another good goal, so we’re disappointed with the goals we’ve

given away.

“I’m not happy with the performance. If we think we’ve played

well, we haven’t. But we’ve done what we set out to do which was to get through to the semi-finals.

“The aim was always to get through but I think we could have done it far more comfortably than we did it in the end.”


Hereford: Horsell, Oates, Edwards, Bonella, Willets, Summers, Bundu, Birch, Tumelty

(Mills 59), Haysham (Purdie 46),

Symons (Staley 103).

Subs not used: Pilling, Grant.

Camberley: Bradshaw, Webb

(Humphrey 75), Ford, Sowden,

Ellis, Jewell, Emmerson (Hoppitt 90), Bunyan, Coles, Lazarczuk (Hubbard 87), Dormer.

Subs not used: Cousins, Hill.

Goals: Bunyan, 23, 0-1; Bundu

(pen), 63, 1-1; Bunyan, 70, 1-2; Symons, 74, 2-2; Mills, 119, 3-2.

Referee: John Busby.

Attendance: 3,329.