SOUTH Wye Police Boxing Academy produced their 'biggest and best' Christmas Show to date, says its organisers.

This year's annual show was another sell-out with fighters coming from across the region to compete against their Herefordshire opponents.

The first county boxer in action for the Hinton Community Centre club was Joe Vaughan who took on Michael Glynn (Goodes Boxing Club).

South Wye boxer Vaughan came out of the traps well in the opening round landing several heavy blows in the opening round before a more even second round.

The final round saw Vaughan stamp his authority on the bout landing more blows to win by unanimous decision.

No stranger to a South Wye Boxing Show was home fighter Josh Powell who was up next against team-mate Matthew Thompson.

An even and entertaining bout saw both boxers evenly matched throughout the three rounds with Thompson eventually winning by unanimous decision and also picked up the best boxer of the evening prize.

Danny Williams was next in action for the host club and he came up against the quick feet of Waqas Ali (Firewalker Boxing Club).

Despite falling in the first round Williams showed his determination and never gave up throughout the three round with Ali eventually being given the judges’ decision.

Leominster PBA fighter Aram Shex was next into the ring against Brandon Lynch (Jewellery Quarter).

However, a dislocated shoulder for Shrex within the opening 25 seconds of the bout saw the fight stopped.

South Wye boxer Danny Burfoot was in emphatic form in his fight against Leigh Jones (Goodes Boxing Club).

Burfoot came firing out of the traps from the opening round landing heavy blows resulting in his opponent being knocked down in the second round.

Burfoot was eventually given the judges’ decision unanimously.

Cameron Heggie (South Wye) was next into the ring and came up against Anton Nelson (Jewellery Quarter).

Both fighters came flying out at each other trading blows throughout the opening two rounds.

Heggie gave a big final round and landed heavy blows to earn himself victory by a unanimous decision.

Leominster BPA sent out their second fighter of the evening in the form of Luke Jones, who was matched against Ashleigh Elliot (Goodes Boxing Club).

However, Jones was also unfortunate enough to sustain an injury allowing Elliot to take the win.

Promising South Wye fighter Vladislav Nikulin was spurred on by the home crowd when he took on Arran Kelter (Phoenix Boxing Club).

Nikulin was too strong for his Brecon-based opponent knocking him down in the first and second round before the fight was stopped.

George Masters (South Wye) put on the fight of the evening in the final bout when he came back to win against Rhys Watkins (Pontypool Boxing Club).

Despite coming under attack in the opening round he responded well as both fighters traded blows until the end.

Masters eventually won on a split decision with both boxers walking away with the prize for best bout of the evening.

Organiser and South Wye coach Vince McNally said: “I was very happy with the performances of all of our team on the show and all boxers are safe and well.

“I believe it was the biggest and the best show we have ever had and we are all looking forward to the rest of the season.”