HINTON manager Stuart Jones said he couldn’t have asked for more from his side after they put up a resilient fight against Hereford FC for 70 minutes.

Despite defending for most of the tie the Broomy Hill side limited the Bulls to three goals in the first half.

The visiting Bulls dominated the second half but only added two more to their tally by the 70th minute.

However, the last 20 minutes saw the floodgates open and Hereford netted a further eight times.

“I was really pleased on 70 minutes but we could’ve done with the whistle then,” said Jones.

“I was really proud of the boys in the first half, we knew it was going to be difficult with nine or 10 players behind the ball the whole game but we dug in during the first half and went in at half-time 3-0 down which is absolutely tremendous.

“I was disappointed with the first goal which was a shot/cross and was a bit soft. The second goal could have been avoided with the centre half coming forward.

"At half-time I said to the boys that they had to keep going and I thought we could hold them for another 20 or 25 minutes, it was going to be the last 20 minutes that was going to be the killer.

“We concede seven minutes into the second half, I was maybe fearing the worst, but we again held them until 70 minutes when the fifth one went in.

“At 5-0 down after 70 minutes I was thinking maybe we can keep it under double figures, but we have capitulated really in the last 15 minutes with tired minds and tired legs.

“I think what really hurt us tonight was Hereford having trialists out there who want to impress and they haven’t taken their foot off the gas.

“Maybe if those boys hadn’t been playing maybe they have would eased back a bit, but they’ve impressed tonight.

“At 13-0 is probably a little bit harsh on us, but that’s the standard of difference between us, they are much fitter, stronger and quicker than us which has shown in the last 20.

“But credit to my boys, to be 5-0 down after 70 minutes, they’ve done themselves, me and the club very proud tonight."

Hinton goalkeeper Alex Russell was the busiest man on the pitch and alongside his back four they helped keep the score-line down until the last 20-minute onslaught.

“The goalkeeper is playing his first season of 11-a-side football and had only playing leisure league six-a-side before,” added Jones.

“My two centre-halves are 18 and 19, one of those has played all his career as a striker and has only played eight games as a centre-half.

“They have done me proud tonight, but as a whole back four played really well. My captain (Jake Cooper) at right-back leads by example and is brilliant.

“My midfield three in front of them worked really hard, the two wide boys covered a lot of ground and obviously Brad (Matthews) up front for us didn’t have a lot of the ball but covered a lot of ground.

“As an 11 they have done absolutely fantastic and I couldn’t have asked any more of them tonight, but just could have done with it being a 70-minute game.”

Herefordshire Premier side Hinton welcomed 280 people to Broomy Hill for the tie, which helped raise funds towards the club and their clubhouse refurbishment.

“To get over 200 people is great for the club and raised some well needed funds for us,” added Jones.

“I think we have put on a decent show and the pitch has held up pretty well for us. Talking to Russell (Slade) and his team they are very complimentary of what we have done tonight.

“I’m very proud of the club as a whole for everything they’ve done. I’d like to thank everybody who has volunteered to help out tonight, parents of junior teams, committee members and there were three lads down here last night fixing the floodlights until 8pm.

“It has been a big commitment for the club to get the game on and to deliver it as well as we have, credit to everybody.

“We have done the easy bit by doing the football.”