Hereford Times

King's Lynn Town 3 Hereford FC 1 as it happened


King's Lynn Town v Hereford FC minute by minute updates

By Ben Goddard

Last updated:

  • King's Lynn Town 1 Hereford 0
  • 25) Michael Gash heads home a Nathan Fox cross at the far post to put the hosts ahead.
  • King's Lynn Town 2 Hereford 0
  • 45) Hereford stood off and let King's Lynn pass it around them resulting in Chris Henderson sliding home.
  • King's Lynn Town 3 Hereford 0
  • 52) Linnets score a third as Aaron Jones looped cross is caught in the wind and floats over Brandon Hall.
  • King's Lynn Town 3 Hereford 1
  • 75) Hereford pull one back through Mike Symons who dives onto an Ash cross
  • HEREFORD suffered their first league defeat of the season after an afternoon to forget saw them lose 3-1 at King's Lynn Town.
  • The Linnets had the better of the early exchanges and the home fans felt they deserved a penalty when Jordan Cullinane-Liburd looked to have caught Ryan Fryatt after he failed to clear from danger, but nothing was given.
  • At the other end Jordan Nicholson saw a deflected cross sneak into the side-netting with the goalkeeper scrambling.
  • The hosts continued to pressure with Michael Gash seeing his free header come off Jason Pope before Adam Marriott was through on goal, but steered his effort wide.
  • Hereford almost handed the hosts a 21st minute lead when goalkeeper Brandon Hall spilled a looping ball but was able to just deny Gash an open goal.
  • However, Gash did head his side ahead on the 25th minute finishing a Nathan Fox cross.
  • Jordan Nicholson had a rare chance for Hereford to respond but dragged his effort wide after Rowan Liburd played him through.
  • The Linnets could have doubled their lead before the break when Fox drove his powerful effort just wide.
  • The second goal eventually came moments before the break when a team move passed around the Bulls resulting in Chris Henderson slotting home.
  • A chance at both ends firstly saw Henderson fire his effort wide and then on the break Reece Styche saw his one-on-one denied by the goalkeeper.
  • Any chance of a Bulls response was ended in the 52nd minute when Aaron Jones looped his cross over Brandon Hall.
  • It could have been worse for Hereford as Hall made two saves to deny Michael Clunan and Rory McAuley.
  • Despite substitute Styche going off with what looked like a wrist injury the Bulls threw everything forwards.
  • Nicholson almost pulled a goal back with a shot on the edge of the box but was denied by a flying Alex Street save.
  • Mike Symons gave Hereford a glimmer of hope with 15 minutes remaining when he met a Bradley Ash cross to slide home.
  • Moments later Marriott should have put the game to bed when a poor Cullinane-Liburd header back released the striker, but his touch was poor and Hall saved.
  • Attendance 1,148
  • Hereford: Hall, Hodgkiss, Pope (Styche 45; Symons 62), Thomas, Cullinane-Liburd, Gowling (c), Nicholson, Jagger Cane, Liburd, Owen-Evans, Hanley (Ash 69)
  • Subs: Maye, O'Sullivan,
  • Just the one change to the starting 11 from Gloucester with Jason Pope coming in to replace Martin Riley.
  • Extra Preliminary Round
  • Congleton Town 1 Westfields 1
  • Division One West
  • Stonehouse Town 4 Hereford Pegasus 0
  • HEREFORD have made the long 340-mile round trip to King's Lynn Town this afternoon looking for a second away win on the bounce.
  • The Bulls won 2-0 at Gloucester City on Tuesday night following their opening day 2-2 draw with Spennymoor Town.
  • Today also marks the nine year anniversary of the death of Adam Stansfield and Hereford fans are being urged to take part in a minutes applause on the ninth minute.
  • Last time these two met was in the Southern League when Hereford lost 3-2 here and 2-0 at Edgar Street. That was the season we won the league.

Hereford Times