PAUL Jones netted a second half hat-trick as Wellington proved their calibre with an emphatic 5-1 victory over league leaders Tividale.

Sam Pearson's first half strike looked to have taken a deflection of Jones to give his side a slender lead at the break.

Jones, playing on the right of a forward three, caused havoc in the second half scoring a brace in two minutes to fire his side into a 3-0 lead.

Despite Tividale pulling a goal back Luke Griffith re-gained their three goal lead with 10 minutes remaining before Jones hit his third at the death.

"It was a very good result and we played very well," said Wellington manager Gary Stevens.

"We knew it was going to be a tough game as they are top, but we have played against them several times and I always thought we were a bit unfortunate.

"On Saturday everything went well and we worked very well and in fact could have had more goals.

"It was a very blustery day and I thought the weather would play a big part but fortunately it came across the pitch so was the same in both halves.

"We played better in the second half and kept the ball better. They had to get a goal which created chances for us to get at their back four."

The result leaves Wellington in ninth following a mixed season which has seen them win 12 and lose 12.

Stevens says that his side's mixed form is due to an inconsistent side.

"If we had that side out on a regular basis we would do very well," added Stevens.

"However, I already have to change it with three out next Saturday (for their trip to Dudley Sports).

"If we had the same 11 next Saturday as last weekend I would say we would win as we did everything correct. I couldn't see a team like that beating us but now we have to change three players.

"Hopefully we won't have to change formation and we have got some good players coming in."

Meanwhile Lads Club ran out emphatic 4-1 victors over Malvern Town, ending their 11 league matches unbeaten run.

Ashley Lear volleyed the visitors ahead before a Jamie Cuthbertson brace put his side out of sight.

The victory was complete by a Kiea Cowley fourth goal.