BROMYARD Town manager Graham Glenister believes there is a good team spirit in his squad which will enable them to progress in West Midlands (Regional) League Division One.

The former Stourport Swifts Under-21 boss arrived at Delahay Meadow last season following the departure of Nick Smith.

And following last Saturday's 4-2 comeback win at Kington Town, Bromyard are now only four points off fourth place.

"It has been a testing time because we were brand new last season and some of the lads are travelling from a distance to come and play," said Glenister, whose team lost 4-2 to Hereford Lads Club in the HFA County Challenge Cup last week.

"The network is very much from Stourport and the Kidderminster area.

"I would really like to attract some players locally, but with likes of Lads Club, Westfields and obviously Hereford, there's some strong sides in the area.

"So attracting players can be difficult but we now have a very strong nucleus.

"There's 24 to 25 players available and most importantly they're a good group of lads that try and do things the right way.

"So long term, we're looking quite strong."

Despite being pleased with how his team fought back in the second half at Kington, Glenister was disappointed with the goals his team conceded.

"We were at fault and gave them two goals," he said.

"It was a defensive error for one and then not getting close enough to the lad that had the shot for the second goal."

Martyn Smith scored two of the goals and felt Bromyard deserved the win.

"Everyone dug deep and got what we needed," said Smith.

"We had a great spell at the start of the first half, but for some reason we dropped off the pace.

"We regrouped at half time and you saw the story of what happened.

"We set our stall for a top half finish this season, but the way things are looking, who knows.

"From where we were at the end of last season to where we are now, we have come on leaps and bounds."

Kington had a great chance to open the scoring in the fifth minute, but Jake Robinson dragged his effort wide when well placed.

However after Liam Hodges and Ben Maund had chances at goal for Bromyard, Kington did score in the 12th minute thanks to Josh Tompkins.

And it got better for Kington on the half hour mark.

A low shot from Callum Davies on the left-hand side should have been easily saved by Alex Rhodes, but it somehow beat the Bromyard keeper.

Bromyard got back in the game six minutes after the break after Smith poked the ball past Jason Davis before Myers' thunderous shot in the 58th minute made it 2-2.

And the away side were ahead just two minutes later.

A free-kick from Rocco Mitchell picked out Myers, who made no mistake from close range.

Robinson had a chance to equalise for Kington eight minutes from time, but his shot went wide before player-boss Stu Jones fired over.

Bromyard sealed the win four minutes into stoppage time when Smith bundled the ball home after an effort struck a post.