A SMELL of smoke caused the fire service to be sent to a Herefordshire home.


The smell was at a property in Canon Pyon with firefighters being called at 9.24am yesterday (April 21).

A spokesperson for Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) said: "Two HWFRS crews from Hereford Fire Station were called at 9.24am on April 21 to a woodburning stove fire in Canon Pyon. A smell of smoke in the property was caused by fire retardant foam around the flue. Natural ventilation was used. A full internal and external inspection was carried out using a thermal imaging camera and a gas monitor without finding any readings or hot spots."

There was another incident of firefighters being called to smoke in Mount Crescent, Hereford, yesterday. Here, a smoke alarm went off in a home due to smoke-logging caused by an unattended oven grill, which firefighters cleared using positive pressure ventilation.