A WELL respected radio presenter committed suicide after worrying about his diagnosis of heart failure.

Mark James Gedge, aged 44, was also known Mark Benson when presenting the afternoon drivetime show on Sunshine Radio.

He was found dead in a tent near the Brecon Beacons on June 13.

The former professional wrestler had recently returned from America and was diagnosed with heart failure months before his death sparking a 'deep depression' due to its impact on him attending the gym.

Powys County Coroner Andrew Barkley concluded a death of suicide caused by carbon monoxide poisoning at an inquest into his death held last week in Brecon.

Mr Gedge, from near Ledbury, was staying on a campsite close when the owner found him dead.

He arrived at the campsite on Friday, June 10, after stating to the campsite owners that he needed 'a few days for peace and quiet away from friends and television.'

He was due to leave on Monday, June 13, but late that morning owner Noel Alfred Gaskell noticed his tent was still up and his car was still there.

When he checked inside the tent he noticed Mr Gedge was inside and dead.

His Sunshine Radio company car was left in the campsite car park which was then traced back to the station, who had already contacted police on the same day with concerns for his welfare.

Managing Director Ginny Murfin said that Mark was a well respected radio presenter and had last been into work on June 9.

"He then sent a text to another presenter stating he had taken a bit of a turn and was going to see the doctor," said Mrs Murfin.

"This was followed by another asking for a few days off and the station found a replacement.

"On June 12, I had been messaging Mark all day to see if he was coming back to work on Monday. All our work vehicles have trackers which showed it in Brecon.

"I called Brecon police who told me that they believed he had died."

Shirley Barber, Mark's mother said that she first became concerned after receiving a letter from Mark with his bank details enclosed on June 11.

"It said that he had sufficient funds for a funeral if anything should happen to him," said Mrs Barber.

"It didn't state that he had any intention to end his life in the letter. I was worried and tried to contact him through text message but he didn't reply.

"He did wrestling as a hobby from the age of 13 and then professionally. In February he went to hospital with a skin condition and they gave him a heart scan. It showed a heart condition and his heart was only working on 36 per cent.

"This meant he couldn't workout in the gym as he previously had which impacted on his well being and he went into a deep depression.

"It seems that because of steroid abuse he had the heart condition. His ex-wife said that she knew he had been injecting steroids previously."

Mr Barkley said that there was no clear evidence of steroid abuse.

He added: "It appears that he was upset about his health condition and he deliberately killed himself."