HEREFORD kept alive their hopes of avoiding relegation with a comprehensive 8-0 victory over Taunton Vale 2nd in the Gerrard West of England and South Wales League Premier Division 3.

In what was a one-sided affair from start to finish, the home side had racked up six goals by half-time. Two had come from the stick of Colin Amos, two from short corner strikes courtesy of Leigham Hayde, one thanks to a skilful deflection from Pete Edwards and one from Ewan Bell, who wrapped up the scoring for the first period from close range.

In reply, Taunton Vale could only muster one shot on the Hereford goal which was comfortably dealt with.

The second half saw Hereford relax, but still add two further goals without reply. Amos completed his hat-trick and Bell added his second before both players missed good chances to improve the scoreline further.

Leominster again failed to put away enough of their chances after going down 3-2 at home to Lansdown in North Division 1.

The north Herefordshire side had begun well with Dave Harvey putting them ahead through a short corner, but the visitors were soon level thanks to a shot from close range. Leominster's failure to convert chances came back to haunt them when Rob Goodman missed a penalty flick on the half-hour mark, before Lansdown broke down the other end to score.

Leominster attacked well at the start of the second period and were duly rewarded thanks to a John Morgan equaliser from a short corner, but they could not prevent Lansdown netting the winner from a hotly-disputed short corner late on.

A wonder goal by debutant Matthew Biggs was not enough for Hereford 3rd as they went down 3-1 to high-flying Gloucester City 3rd.

An evenly contested first half saw chances at both ends, but it was Gloucester who broke the deadlock on the half hour mark to send the visitors in at the break a goal up.

Hereford were given hope when 16 year old Biggs picked the ball up on the half-way line and beat three defenders before drilling a shot into the corner of the net for the equaliser. But the city side faltered in the final ten minutes and allowed second placed Gloucester to steal the points with two goals against the run of play.

Ross won a scrappy affair against Gloucester City 5th 1-0 in Hereford and Gloucester 2 which lifts the Herefordshire side into sixth position.

The Ross forwards created some good opportunities through clever positional play but could not find the net.

Indeed it was left to man of the match Steve Evans to grab the only goal of the game when he dashed in from the right wing to push home an effort after a shot by Andy Evans was only parried by the Gloucester goalkeeper.

Late on in the game, Ross had their defence to thank for stifling any threat of an equaliser and captain Andy Ridgway was called upon in the closing minutes to make a fine save at the feet of a Gloucester attacker.