A GARAGE workshop was destroyed by fire in Peterstow yesterday.

Firefighters were called just after 2pm and used two hose reels and a covering jet to extinguish the flames.

Watch Commander Neil Fowler from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said: “The owner was working in the garage when the fire broke out and he was able to evacuate to safety and raise the alarm. “There was concern initially as there was thought to be a cylinder and some aerosols stored in the garage but these were actually in an adjacent building and not involved in the fire.

“We believe the fire was started by a fault in a heater in the garage and with the weather turning colder, we’d urge anyone using heaters in outside buildings to take extra care.”