RYAN Mclean created and scored a goal as Hereford ran out comfortable 4-1 winners against. Alvechurch in their latest pre-season friendly.

McLean created Ryan Lloyd’s first half strike before Tyrone Barnett’s header doubled the Bulls’ lead early in the second half.

When the hosts pulled a goal back the same trialist who scored a hat-trick at Coalville was on hand again to score a third and then McLean rounded off a standout performance with a fourth.

LIVE BLOG: Alvechurch v Hereford FC minute by minute updates

As it happened

The Bulls had the opening chance on nine minutes when Miley Storey capitalised on a back-pass hitting his half-volley wide with the goalkeeper watching on.

Ryan McLean was next to test the hosts’ goal running at defender Harry Williams before steering his effort wide.

Alvechurch were having success going forward themselves and thought they had a 13th minute opener.

Brad Burton crossed onto the boot of Jed Abbey who steered his effort home from an off-side position.

McLean was showing his pre-season fitness running from deep inside the Hereford and seeing his fine effort saved by goalkeeper Leon Phillips.

At the other end a mistake from Zak Lilly allowed Tyrell Hamilton an effort inside the box. Thierry Latty-Fairweather put the forward under pressure and Brad Wade made a save with his leg.

McLean and Storey were back in action on 29 minutes with the former clipping a ball through to his team-mate who steered hid effort wide.

On 37 minutes McLean was influential in the opening goal using his pace to reach the byline before pulling the ball back for Ryan Lloyd to net.

Three minutes inside the second half the Bulls doubled their lead through a powerful Tyrone Barnett header.

Firstly Barnett saw his effort deflected just wide and from the resulting Harry Pinchard corner the marksman rose to head home.

Harry Pinchard was next to test the Church goal with a direct free-kick which was saved Phillips down low.

On the hour mark Phillips pulled off another impressive shot after McLean had rounded the goalkeeper only to see the Alvechurch stopper recover and claw his effort away.

That save was even more important on 62 minutes when the hosts pulled a goal back.

Jed Abbey saw his initial effort saved but Tyrell Hamilton was on hand to fire home a goal back.

The Hereford trialist who scored a hat-trick six days earlier at Coalville was introduced and restored his side’s two-goal lead on 68 minutes receiving the ball inside the box and chipping the goalkeeper.

Three minutes before full-time Storey flicked his header on for McLean who finished his effort into the top corner.

Hereford: Wade, Hodgkiss, Lilly, Derricott, Latty-Fairweather, Durojaye, Lloyd, Pinchard, Storey, Barnett, McLean

Subs: Osment, Summers, Pendley, Campbell, Trialist x3