A GOAL in each half courtesy of Cawley Cox and Jordan Williamson helped Hereford Pegasus stop the run of Mangotsfield United with a 2-1 victory.

The visitors were now in a rich vein of form arriving in Hereford having won six of the last seven matches.

Pegasus took a 22nd minute lead when an excellent ball into the box from Curtis Townley was deftly headed home by leading scorer Cawley Cox past goalkeeper Jakob Glover.

This seemed to ignite the visitors and six minutes later goalkeeper Jack Oxenham made a decent save low to his right at the expense of a corner to deny a Simon Prangley free kick and then Kyrese Morrison missed the goal from close range.

Inside thirty seconds of the second half the teams were level, when Will Ashton crossed from the left and Karem Karakus scored from close range.

Pegasus regained the lead in the 59th minute when Jordan Williamson guided his free-kick over the defensive wall into the net as they ran out 2-1 winners.

Hereford Pegasus host Fownhope in the Herefordshire County Cup on Tuesday night

Westfields produced a hard working away performance at Wantage Town record a 2-1 away victory to maintain their fourth position in the Hellenic Premier.

Phil Glover’s side opened up at a cracking pace and Adam Wakely should have put the visitors ahead when Harry Pitman set him up but he shot wide of an empty net.

Fields eventually broke the deadlock on 20 minutes when from a Steve Davies free-kick found Josh Hunt who headed back across goal for Adam Wakely to net.

Just before the break Westfields increased the lead with Sean Powell bundling the ball home which went in off a Wantage defender.

Wantage came more into the game during the second half but Ben Vine and Joe Davies were in commanding form at the heart of the Westfields defence.

However, with 15 minutes remaining Wantage pulled a goal back through Josh Davies which signalled an all-out effort from the Oxfordshire side as they threw players forward in search of an equaliser which eluded them.

Elsewhere, Hereford Lads Clubs were beaten 2-0 at Cribbs in a game where James Hancocks was shown red with eight minutes remaining.