HAY ST MARY’S provided a dramatic fightback in front of the television cameras as they beat Tregaron Turfs 3-1 at Forest Road.

The match was filmed by Sgorio and two late goals from the Saints’ leading scorer Matty Tong resulted in the hosts celebrating victory.

Tong provided a threat for the visitors from the outset and latched on to a well-timed through ball in the ninth minute but was denied by a smart save from Barry Edwards in the visitors' goal.

The Ceredigion visitors slowly found their way into the match and began to look dangerous on the break as Liam Jones was set free out on the left in the Turfs' next attack but fired wide of the near post from a tight angle.

Frazer Macanally clipped the top of the Turfs' crossbar in the 16th minute before former Aberaeron Town and Borth United hitman Ryan Davies cut inside from the left flank but could only find the side netting with his low shot.

Hay St Mary's went immediately down the other end and Tong was played through on goal, only to be denied by a brave save from the veteran Edwards.

Home supporters would be left to rue the opportunities created when Tregaron Turfs broke the deadlock in the 28th minute. 

Ifan Jones drilled a low 25 yard shot into the bottom corner of Tom Lewis' goal after being set-up by Liam Jones. 

The hosts fought hard to find a way back into the match as they enjoyed their best spell of the first half towards the end of the opening 45 minutes. The Breconshire club were back on level terms within five minutes of falling behind when Jack Biggs rose at the far post to head Liam Mcanally's deep cross into the net.

The second half was set-up for a titanic battle between the title hopefuls as they both looked to carve out an opportunity to take the lead.

Tong, who had been well marshalled by the Turfs' defence in the opening 45 minutes, clipped the outside of the near post from a tight angle eight minutes after the break before Liam Jones drove his effort wide of the target from a narrow angle in the visitor’s next attack.

Cripps was denied by a smart close-range save from Edwards in the 55th minute before Biggs went on a surging run in the Saints' next attack but was unable to trouble Edwards with his 25-yard drive.

The Ceredigion men looked dangerous on the break and Rhodri Jones drilled a low shot wide of the far post after being picked out in space on the right after 59 minutes.

Tong looked dangerous and was presented with a sight of goal seven minutes later, but was denied by a brave save from Edwards.

Just as it appeared the two protagonists would have to settle for a share of the points, Tong was given the opportunity to run though on goal in the 83rd minute before clinically finishing past the advantage Edwards.

Home supporters had only recovered from celebrating when the Saints netted again within two minutes of the restart, with Tong being set free on goal by Cripps to slide the ball home.

Hay St Mary's remain top of the table ahead of welcoming closest rivals Radnor Valley to Forest Road on Friday evening.