WESTFIELDS were left regretting a red card for the influential Dan Stoneman and conceding a second half penalty as basement side Thornbury recorded a surprise a 1-0 victory at Allpay Park.

Fields, playing in front of a 216 Bank Holiday crowd, had a couple of early opportunities with Dan Stoneman flashing a ball across the face of the goal.

However, the game changed on 30 minutes when Stoneman was penalised with a red card for an off-the-ball incident, which was spotted by the linesman, with the Fields’ man spotted kicking out after an incident with the Thornbury left back.

Despite being down to 10 men the hosts still displayed good attacking play with a shot bouncing off the crossbar.

Thornbury took a 75th minute lead from the penalty spot when Jack Sheppard-Cozens converted the spot-kick after he had been brought down inside the penalty area.

Westfields then had an uphill task with 10 men to get back at the visitors but twice went close to equalising including having a shot cleared off the Thornbury line.

Hereford Lads Club put up a valiant fight but fell to a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Corsham Town.

Kiea Cowley had given Danny Moon’s side a 20th minute lead with a fine angled finish and then in the second half James Hancocks ran through on goal but was met by a fine save.

That save proved vital as Niekell Plummer equalised on 65 minutes before firing home the winner a minute from time.

Title favourites Cribbs took all the points from The KGD Stadium as Aysa Corrick’s second half goal separated the sides.

In the Central Wales League (South) Knighton Town claimed the local bragging rights on Boxing Day as they defeated hosts Presteigne St Andrews 4-0.

Knighton broke the deadlock in the opening minute of the second half as former Ludlow midfielder Kieran Dovey strolled into the penalty area unchallenged before firing home.

The visitors doubled their lead seven minutes later when former Presteigne defender Jack Brindley headed home against his old side.

The Robins' pressure finally paid dividends as they increased their advantage in the 78th minute when substitute Jack Hoyle ran on to a Dovey pass before rounding the goalkeeper.

Hoyle doubled his personal tally three minutes later as his surged towards the Presteigne St Andrews penalty area before poking the ball home to ensure all three points.