HEREFORD PEGASUS continued their rich vein of form with a solid 3-0 victory over Chipping Sodbury Town.

A first half penalty courtesy of Carlos Moreira and two late second half goals by Sam Pearson and new signing Richard Greaves sealed the points.

The gloss was taken off the win with injuries to two key players including goalkeeper Matt Gwynne and the hosts played the second half without a recognised shot stopper.

The result elevated Pegasus to third place in the Hellenic League Premier Division, above city rivals Westfields who have a game in hand.

There was little to choose between the sides for the first 30 minutes. However, shortly after the half hour mark, Cawley Cox raced into the penalty area onto a through ball from Luke Griffiths and the young striker was felled by goalkeeper Kent Kauppinen.

Up stepped Moreira who converted the penalty spot kick.

As the Gloucestershire visitors rallied, Pegasus keeper Gwynne sustained an injury but, continued with difficulty to half-time.

The hosts did not have a recognised replacement on the bench however, defender David Solway volunteered to wear the gloves, for his first time as stopper.

Goal scorer Moreira also suffered an injury and was replaced by a returning Richard Greaves.

After the resumption the visitors had a greater share of play forcing a good save by Solway. However, Sodbury Town failed to realise the replacement goalkeeper was inexperienced and were unable to convert the pressure.

With 15 minutes remaining the ball was played into Sam Pearson inside the penalty area who managed to hold off two defenders before guiding the ball into the net.

The points were secured with two minutes remaining when Greaves was put through by Marshall Hopkins and the returning striker drilled the ball into the far corner of goal.

The man of the match chosen by match sponsors, Network Data Services, was Jordan Williamson.

Hereford Lads Club moved up to 10th in the Hellenic Premier taking a 3-2 home victory against Bradford Town fighting back after going behind in the first half.

Danny Moon’s side took the lead with just 12 minutes on the clock with Brandon Jennings finding the net.

However, Bradford were pressurising the hosts and a defensive mix-up resulted in Jack Pearson putting the visitors level.

Another unlucky goal costs Lads Club a second goal when a cross into the box rebounding to Seth Wain who found the net.

Bradford were ahead for a matter of minutes when the ball was bundled home from a corner for Lads Club’s equaliser.

Wain also went close in the second half firing over the crossbar when presented with a chance.

However, Lads Club finished the match strongly forcing goalkeeper Jadyn Colin Mundle into a double save before Zac Sirrell struck a 78th minute winner.