A HEREFORD trialist scored a hat-trick inside the last six minutes as the Bulls ran out 5-0 winners at Coalville Town.

Miles Storey and Zak Lilly goals had looked to have sealed the win before the same trialist struck three times with true striker finishes.

LIVE BLOG: Coalville Town v Hereford FC minute by minute updates

As it happened

It was hosts Coalville who had the first effort with Luke Shaw picking out the run of Joe Doyle-Charles who fired wide under pressure by Harrison Summers.

Former Bulls goalkeeper Paul White denied his former side on 28 minutes after Tyrone Barnett played an elegant ball through to Ryan McLean who was denied by White’s feet.

Three minutes before the break Olumide Durojaiye cleared a dangerous ball deep into the Bulls box by substitute Tom McGlinchey.

At the other end Harrison Summers created a decent opening but the ball was swept away before McLean could shoot.

Shaw went close again early in the second half after a Andi Thanoj free-kick was headed back out to the forward who sent his volley narrowly over.

Bulls goalkeeper Brad Wade was next to deny the hosts with a brilliant save.

Coalville saw their first effort blocked before Billy Kee looked to have netted the rebound only to be denied by Wade.

At the other end Miles Storey went close with a rifled effort just outside the box which beat the goalkeeper but sailed just over the crossbar.

Hereford took a 58th minute lead when McLean broke down the wing before crossing onto the foot of Storey who slotted the ball home.

The game was opening up and Barnett went close twice for Hereford firstly with a header and then an effort while under pressure.

Hereford goalkeeper Wade was forced back into action on 71 minutes saving down low to deny a Coalville trialist.

Nine minutes before time the Bulls doubled their lead with goalkeeper White missing the ball and Zak Lilly was on hand to score.

A Hereford trialist striker completed the win scoring a remarkable hat-trick within the last six minutes.

The first came on 84 minutes when he trapped the ball on the edge of the box before sliding the ball under the goalkeeper.

Two minutes later the same Hereford trialist beat the off-side trap running onto a McLean pass and then beating White with a fine effort.

The trialist completed his hat-trick on the 90th minute flicking a cross home from the right hand side.