HEREFORD RFC put in their best performance of the season as they ran over eight tries past local rivals Worcester winning 56-0.

A delighted head coach, Scott Sturdy said: “This was our best performance of the season so far, it was really pleasing that we executed the opportunities we created.

"I’m really pleased this week to execute as well as we did and the score-line reflects it.

"There were some outstanding individual performances but as a team we attacked and defended particularly well. Not to take anything away from today’s game, Worcester came and tried hard, but unfortunately on the day we were the better team."

Hereford signalled their intent right from the kick off and within five minutes Ollie Hutcheson had made a break from inside his own half and raced to the line for a well taken individual try.

Callum Brayshaw, who had a perfect afternoon with the boot, converted to give the Wyesiders a seven-point lead.

Inside 20 minutes Hereford increased their lead with a well-constructed try.

A driving maul from a lineout inside the Worcester 22 produced quick ball and a slick passing movement gave a half chance to Aaron Lewis who scored in the corner.

Brayshaw converted from near the touch line.

Worcester had their best spell in the second quarter keeping Hereford pinned inside their 22 for over 15 minutes to no avail.

Despite losing James Marshall for 10 minutes in the sin bin, the Hereford defensive structure held good and at the interval the Wyesiders had a comfortable 14-0 lead.

Hereford recovered the ball from the restart and another well executed passing movement transferred the ball to Matt Milsom on the right wing who made no mistake in finishing well.

Another successful Brayshaw kick added the extra points.

Following this Worcester did their best to get back into the game, but the Wyesiders’ defence held firm and the attack slipped into top gear.

In a ten-minute purple patch Hereford secured the try bonus point, adding four tries.

Lewis added his second, Goodwin powered over for a brace and Brayshaw proved himself to be more than a boot with a fine individual try. Brayshaw, as a matter of course slotted all the conversion attempts.

In the final phase of play, Lewis completed his hat-trick of tries and Brayshaw completed a full house of conversions.

Next week Hereford will be tested as they host high-flying Kenilworth at home.