HEREFORD Pegasus joint manager Mick Panniers said a lack of experience cost his side as they suffered a 3-2 defeat by Malvern Town.

Cameron Peters netted two goals in the opening 20 minutes to shock the table-toppers.

However, Malvern pulled a goal back before the break before Matt Turner netted twice to give them a 3-2 victory.

"I was a bit disappointed we didn't get anything out of it to be honest," said Panniers.

"We were 2-0 up playing really well and then conceded just before half-time which was a bad time to concede.

"In the second half we didn't manage the game very well as an inexperienced and young side.

"Malvern are a very good side with experienced players and they got on top of us a bit.

"However, in the last 10 minutes we could have scored an equaliser.

"It was pleasing in the fact we were quite close to them, but the difference was that bit of experience and depth of squad.

"They have a lot of quality to be fair and anybody who finishes above them will win the league.

"They were bringing players off the bench who would walk into any other side at our level.

"I thought the lads did brilliantly well but two of their goals were from our individual errors.

"It was pleasing to see them keeping the ball in the corner for the last five minutes as it shows the fact they were worried about dropping points to us.

"They are a good side and we're not going to play against that quality of players every week.

Pegasus took the lead on 12 minutes when Carlos Moreira earned them a free-kick and Peters slotted home after the initial effort was saved.

Peters doubled Pegasus' lead on 20 minutes with his deflected effort finding the net.

Two minutes before the break Malvern were given hope of a fightback when Louis Loader fired home from distance.

Jordan Williamson went close to restoring Pegasus' two-goal lead after the break but saw his powerful effort saved by Blackburn.

Malvern were handed a route back into the tie on 69 minutes conceding a penalty and Turner made no mistake from the penalty spot to make it 2-2.

Five minutes later Malvern completed their comeback when Turner met Harry Clark's cross to make it 3-2.

Pegasus' task of coming back into the tie was made harder when Jack Lewis was sent off following a challenge.

However, the hosts threw everything forward in search of an equaliser and Blackburn had to deny Peters his hat-trick.

Blackburn was forced into action once again in injury time but his side held on for victory.

Elsewhere, Wellington ran out 2-1 winners over Cheltenham Saracens with Jamie Price and Saul Thomas both scoring.