Hereford Times

FA Cup latest updates: Stafford Rangers 3 Hereford FC 1


FA Cup latest updates: Stafford Rangers v Hereford FC

By Ben Goddard

Last updated:

  • Stafford Rangers 0 Hereford FC 1
  • 15) A ball into the box from Jones sees the first shot saved from Nabi but Owen-Evans is on hand to poach home the rebound.
  • Stafford Rangers 1 Hereford FC 1
  • 29) Joe Cuff fires a low and hard shot which White gets a hand on but only into the net
  • Stafford Rangers 2 Hereford FC 1
  • 82) The ball comes out to the edge of the box and it's fired home like a bullet by Joe Cuff.
  • Stafford Rangers 3 Hereford FC 1
  • 90+2: Hereford are caught on the break and the ball is pulled across the pitch to Callum Coyle who rounds the goalkeeper before firing home.
  • Luke Haines went close after 11 minutes with a rifled shot which was just tipped over by the goalkeeper Lewis King.
  • Four minutes later Hereford were ahead when Dan Jones overlapped before crossing and despite Samir Nabi seeing his effort saved Tom Owen-Evans was on hand to slide home.
  • With Hereford is the ascendancy Kennedy Digie almost doubled their lead with a headed effort which forced Lewis King into a flying save.
  • With Digie out of position Rangers opened Hereford up and Paul White was forced into a fine save from Joe Cuff.
  • However, Rangers were level on 29 minutes when the Bulls' defence parted and Joe Cuff fired a powerful effort into the bottom corner which White could only flap into the net.
  • Three minutes later the Boro should have been ahead after White came out for a free-kick he was never getting but Cuff fired over.
  • Hereford responded and James McQuilkin's cross found Digie who bundled it off the crossbar.
  • At the other end Jamie Sleigh had a golden chance after rounding the charging White who was well out of his goal only for Jamie Grimes to clear his effort off the line.
  • After the half-time break Ryan Lloyd had a headed chance but could only send his effort at the goalkeeper.
  • As the second half wore on Hereford seemed to get hold and Luke Haines rattled the bar with an audacious lob from 30 yards out.
  • However, with five minutes remaining a sweet strike from Cuff from the edge of the box flew into the net.
  • Into the second minute of added time Hereford were caught on the break and the ball was pulled across the pitch to substitute Callum Coyle who rounded the goalkeeper before firing home.
  • Despite Andrai Jones seeing a late effort saved Rangers were clear winners.
  • Hereford: White, Haines, Grimes, Camwell (Jones 75), Owen-Evans, Finn, Digie, McQuilkin (A Jones 66), Lloyd, Nabi (Pollock 58), D Jones
  • Subs: Wright, Hall,
  • Stafford Rangers: King, Williams, Keane, Coulson, Langford, Welsh, Kenton, Harvey, Sleigh, Sebben-Njie, Cuff
  • Subs: Burns, R Jones, Coyle, Nesbitt, Forrest, Hill
  • Three changes from the side that played at Southport
  • IN: Digie, Nabi, McQuilkin
  • OUT: Andrai Jones, Wright, Hodgkiss
  • Attendance: 585
  • HEREFORD FC travel to Stafford Rangers for their FA Cup third qualifying round clash this evening.
  • The winners getting £5,625 while the losers get £1,875.
  • There are 81 teams in the draw from non-league step two (Hereford's tier) and below.
  • However, a host of sides have had to pull out of the competition due to Covid-19 cases.