AMATEUR boxing returned to Leominster last weekend which showcased local talent and brought in a big crowd.

Leominster Police Boxing Academy fighters Jesse Strangwood, Jordan Acaster and Luke Cullwick all took home victories to send the town's sports and social club up into raptures.

The evening began with a skills bout which saw Bromyard ABC fighter Tyler Read warm up the crowd with an evenly fought contest against Mitchell Braithwaite, in which both boxers were keen to impress.

In the first senior bout John Dodson (South Wye Police Boxing Academy) put in his best efforts but tired late in the bout resulting in Daniel Gill taking victory in a unanimous decision.

Popular South Wye fighter Josh Powell also suffered a defeat on the judge's decision after being kept out by the rangy reach of Thomas Cashmore.

Sam Muirhead had more fortune from the judges following a powerful display against Owen Sherriff (Atherstone).

The Bromyard ABC fight sent his opponent back in the first round and despite going down himself in the final round Muirhead responded with a crowd-pleasing final flurry of punches.

Cullwick was the first of four Leominster fighters into the ring in a lightweight clash against Ashley Fletcher (Ashton).

Cullwick, aged 21, competed regularly as a junior, and knocked down his opponent in the second round on his way to victory.

Rising South Wye star Cameron Heggie landing a series of blows in the opening round which were too much for Jack Barnfield (Ludlow).

The final three bouts saw a trio of Leominster fighters enter the ring keen to impress their home crowd.

First out was Camden James who faced Ludlow's Alex Northwood.

An accidental clash of heads in the first round left the Leominster fighter cut and the fight stopped giving Northwood victory.

Next an all-Herefordshire clash saw Acaster take on South Wye boxer Paul Bicknall.

Both boxers traded blows throughout the three-round contest with the judges eventually handing victory to Acaster.

Finally, Strangwood sent the crowd home happy with a second-round stoppage over Brandon Evans-Dulson (Newtown).

The 19-year-old had his opponent under pressure from the outset and was being urged on by the home crowd.

In the second round Strangwood landed a decisive blow and the fight was stopped.