LADS Club manager Danny Moon says his side have set their standard for future matches after playing out a 3-3 draw with promotion rivals Malvern Town.

Moon's side almost won an enthralling encounter in which Oliver Price scored a brace and Adam Hockey a penalty.

However, Hockey missed a second penalty attempt with just seconds left on the club.

Lads Club host table-toppers Hereford Pegasus on Saturday and he expects a similar level of performance.

"They are coming thick and fast but it's good actually because we're hitting a standard we've got to maintain," added Moon.

"If we turn up we've got a lot of quality. A local derby is a local derby but we've got to do what we did against Wellington, knuckle down and do the good things.

"We were unfortunate with Tom Dawson getting a broken leg as we've got a small squad but the squad looks sharp now and a lot of games are at home so it's down to us."

Lads Club got off to the perfect start against Malvern going ahead within the opening 40 seconds when James Hancocks saw his effort saved onto the post only for Oliver Price to score from close range.

In a frantic opening, at the opposite end Harry Clark had the goalkeeper beaten but saw his effort fire back off the post.

After a frantic opening the half calmed down until the 29th minute when Louis Loader finished after the hosts failed to score a corner.

Price almost regained Lads Club the lead but his effort sailed an inch wide of the post.

However, moment of hesitation at the other end saw Malvern take a 35th minute lead through Matt Turner.

The visitors were ahead just three minutes when Kiea Cowley-Hair was brought down inside the box and Hockey dispatched the penalty.

Moments before the break Malvern hit back when a free-kick towards the back post was bundled towards Kyonn Evans to fire home to make it 3-3 at the break.

Price should have had his hat-trick on the hour after Hockey's powerful effort was palmed into his path, but his effort cannoned off the post.

Moments later George Hayes broke through, but sent his effort wide of the target.

With six minutes remaining Hereford-based Sam Hunt almost scored for Malvern after being skilfully flicked though, but his effort flew wide.

Moments later a free-kick was flicked off the head of Dave Reynolds just wide.

Evans would go close again for the visitors after they played on from a penalty shout, but he fired his effort across goal and wide.

In the sixth minute of injury time Lads Club were awarded a penalty which Hockey steered wide.

"To be fair I'd have paid £5 to come in and watch that," added Moon.

"I thought both sides were brilliant and both teams tried to score. Both teams probably didn't defend as well as they should have but that's what I love as a football person.

"That's the game you want to come and watch with a big crowd and Malvern have brought numbers.

"People want to come and watch us because we are exciting like Malvern are as well.

"Hopefully we can both be in the mix at the end of the season and go up together.

"We are a little bit behind them but we will wait and see. The last two games from us we've been absolutely superb.

"It's funny because every time we play at home against Malvern we don't finish the game off strongly,

"We did weather the storm but also had chances going the other way.

"We're disappointed that we missed a penalty but Adam Hockey is big enough and I've no issue with him missing a penalty.

"He is big enough to take one and will be big enough to take the next one.

"It's an awkward one because you have all that time to wait when the ball goes down and unfortunately he's dragged it but you move on and it's not the end of the world."