AIDAN Thomas scored a first half hat-trick as Westfields sauntered to a 5-1 victory over Tuffley Rovers.

Phil Glovers' side remain top by five points after recording their 11th win from 13 league matches.

The emphatic win allowed Glover to rest Richard Greaves, Thomas and Matt Reeve in the second half.

"I'm happy, it's three points and I thought the lads did really well in the first half," said Glover.

"We started very well and did things really professionally which has got us into the lead.

"We were clinical tonight. In the second half we took our foot off the gas and made some changes.

"I thought we were in total control throughout the game.

"They earned the right to take their foot off the game a little bit in the second half really.

"The first half we were really clinical and Aidan (Thomas) took his three goals well. I'm happy all around.

"We will just tick it off and take each game as it comes, I know it's a cliche.

"You have just got to keep preparing right, training well and doing things right.

"I think if we prepare right in most games we will take some stopping."

Unbeaten in the league Fields started quickly and took a seventh minute lead when a route one ball to Aidan Thomas saw the midfielder stroll through on goal and beat the goalkeeper.

Billy Murphy was next to test the visitors' goal but his deflected effort was tipped from under the bar by goalkeeper Luke Merchant.

Fields doubled their lead at the third time of asking with just 18 minutes played.

Firstly Dan Stoneman ran though on goal beating the goalkeeper only to see his effort blocked off the line by Isaac Lawrence.

Lawrence was also equal to Richard Greaves' follow-up effort. However, Thomas did find the net on the rebound.

A minute later Craig Jones was much more clinical and finished a sweet shot to put his side 3-0 up.

The game settled down until three minutes before the break when Greaves flicked Thomas through on goal who slotted past the goalkeeper for his hat-trick.

Thomas was also influential in the fifth beating the goalkeeper before pulling it back for Greaves to slide home.

Substitute Joe Bates had a host of chances to increase their lead firing two wide and seeing other attempts saved by goalkeeper Merchant.

Tuffley did have the last say when Sam Hill fired home a strike to remember in the dying moments.