PATIENCE in attack and defence was key as Hereford bounced back from last week's defeat with a fine victory over local rivals Worcester.

The Wyesiders built up a healthy lead before the break with two tries and then added three more scores in the last 16 minutes of the game.

"It was a great result, especially to bounce back from the loss at Dudley last week, said head coach Sean Lynn.

"We talked all last week, about having a positive reaction and that’s something we had today. The nice thing is that the squad absorbed the key message, to be patient in attack and defence and the boys came up trumps.

"To get a bonus point win against Worcester is excellent. Harri Williams made his debut at 10 today, he played a very good territorial game in both attack and defence.

"It is also a great help when you have forwards like Josh Bell, Ollie Hutch and Jamie Hodges, who were outstanding, always giving us that go-forward.

"Then we had Levi Hughes and Tom Starkey who were very good at hunting down the ball from the kick-chase.

"It is really looking positive with 20 points from five games, but we know that next week we have another big one. We take on Kenilworth at Wyeside, this week they have beaten Dudley, so next week’s will be an interesting game.”

Both sides tested each other during the opening ten minutes before Hereford took the lead with a Harri Williams penalty.

Josh Bell, saw his strong drive into Worcester territory stopped before Ewan Duncan picked up the ball in broken play and beat the cover defence to cross in the corner.

Worcester responded and won a penalty at the breakdown which allowed them to reduce the deficit to five points.

The visitors then almost took the lead, but for a try-saving cover tackle by prop, Neil Clark.

As the half came to an end, a Hereford driving maul close to the Worcester goal-line allowed Lewis Jordan to touch down for a second Hereford try.

Williams’ successful conversion took the Hereford half-time lead to 15-3.

The Wyesiders came out fighting in the second half and put the Worcester defence under constant pressure.

The Hereford pack drove into the Worcester in-goal area and claimed a try, but the referee adjudged the ball to have been held up.

Shortly after, the pack set up a maul and drove to the try line for Neil Clark to claim the third score.

A Williams' kicking was influential and his effort into the corner was gathered by Levi Hughes, who threw off two defenders to race in for the bonus point try.

For the final score, Hughes and Josh Jensen combined to take play into the Worcester 22 and Blane Pannell picked up from broken play to score the try.

Williams converted all three second half tries to make the final score 36-3.