Hereford Times

Hereford FC 1 Brackley Town 1 as it happened and scores


Hereford FC v Brackley Town minute by minute updates

By Ben Goddard

Last updated:

    A DEFENSIVE error and missed penalty meant that Hereford had to settle with a 1-1 draw against Brackley Town.
  • Rowan Liburd had headed the Bulls ahead in the first half after Bradley Ash's free-kick hit the bar.
  • However, a defensive mix-up between Raheem Hanley and Josh Gowling released Matt Lowe.
  • He found the unmarked James Armison who made no mistake.
  • Tom Owen-Evans had the chance to seal the points late on but sent his penalty over.
  • However, in the last moments the midfielder redeemed himself with a goal-line clearance to deny Lee Ndlovu the winner.
  • Hereford 1 Brackley Town 0
  • 17) Bradley Ash's free-kick hits the bar and Rowan Liburd following it up heads home.
  • Hereford 1 Brackley Town 1
  • 37) Hanley and Gowling have a mix-up and Lowe beats Gowling to the ball. Lowe crosses in for Armison who fires home.
  • Hereford 1 Brackley Town 1
  • 83) Tom Owen-Evans fired a penalty over after Jordan Nicholson's shot hit the defender's hand.
  • A quick break almost created the opening chance as Lee Ndlovu played a searching ball across the box to Shepherd Murombedzi, but Tommy O'Sullivan rescued his side with a cool interception.
  • Rowan Liburd headed his side ahead on the 17th minute when Bradley Ash's free-kick rattled the bar before the striker nodded home the rebound.
  • A couple of defensive mistakes almost gave Brackley an opening before Shane Byrne fired an effort over.
  • Brackley were gifted their equaliser on the 37th minute after a defensive mix-up saw Gowling beaten to a back-pass by Byrne who squared to the unmarked James Armison.
  • It took Hereford until the 57th minute to have another opening when Tom Owen-Evans cross almost found the head of Liburd, but was glanced away for a corner.
  • Despite their earlier defensive mistakes Jordan Cullinane-Liburd came to his side's savior clearing off the line after Ellis Myles crossed into a crowd of players.
  • Brackley were almost the makers of their own downfall after Jason Pope's hopeful cross was sliced behind by Gareth Dean and the ball flew an inch wide of his own post with the goalkeeper scrambling.
  • The Bulls luck turned on the 83rd minute when they were awarded a penalty when Nicholson's shot hit the defender's arm.
  • Owen-Evans stepped up, but fired his penalty well over.
  • Attendance: 2,585 (26 away)
  • Hereford: Hall, Hodgkiss, Hanley (Pope 62), Maye, Cullinane-Liburd, Gowling (c), Owen-Evans, O'Sullivan (Styche 62), Liburd, Nicholson, Ash
  • Subs: Bray, Riley, Bishop
  • Jacob Jagger-Cane and Mike Symons are out of the side and have been replaced by Tommy O'Sullivan and Jordan Nicholson. In are O'Sullivan, Nicholson.
  • Liam Bishop has been named on the substitutes bench so must have been recalled from his loan at Mangotsfield
  • Brackley Town: Lewis, Myles, Franklin, Byrne, Langmead, Dean, Lowe, Walker, Ndlovu, Armison, Murombedzi
  • Subs: Holman, Daire, Fairlamb, Baker, Audel
  • Emirates FA Cup
  • Preliminary Round
  • Westfields 2 Lutterworth Town 3
  • Uhlsport Hellenic League
  • Division One West
  • Wellington 2 Moreton Rangers 1
  • Stonehouse Town 1 Hereford Lads Club 4
  • HEREFORD FC will be looking to make it three wins on the bounce when they host Brackley Town this afternoon.
  • Interim manager Tim Harris has won both his two games in charge against AFC Telford United and Blyth Spartans.
  • There will be a minute's applause for a number of loyal fans who have passed away recently.
  • The minute is to celebrate the lives of Jenny Prosser, Pat Hornsby, Rhys Maddy, Dennis Hutchinson and Keith Beavan.
  • Keith Beavan's family will be at Edgar Street today, his son Oliver, will be mascot.

Hereford Times