HEREFORD'S Head Coach Marc Richards said this his side's second half performance against Darlington could be the 'turning point' of their season.

The Bulls looked set to slip back into the relegation battle as their bottom half opponents capitalised on defensive errors and scored two goals before the break.

However, the introduction of Kyle Finn spearheaded a memorable turnaround and saw the winger force an own goal and a penalty.

Lance Smith, returning to the squad for the first time since September, completed the performance by sliding home a fourth goal in injury time.

"He was brilliant, it's exactly the reaction you want from somebody who hasn't been starting regularly," said Richards talking about Finn

"To come off the bench and have such an impact that it changes the game. It's great because Kyle has come from Coventry and committed to Hereford. His attitude has been spot on.

"I'm just really glad that he could have that end product to his game and he has just shown us what he can do."

With their first chance Darlington took an 11th minute lead when a defensive header fell at the feet of Tom Elliot, who shot outside the box over Matt Yates and into the net.

The visitors should have been two ahead after just 31 minutes when Jordan Cullinane-Liburd misplaced a pass back to goalkeeper Matt Yates.

Stephen Thompson took advantage and beat the goalkeeper only to be denied by a goal-line clearance by Danny Greenslade.

Thompson did score six minutes later after another defensive error saw Josh Gowling's poor back-pass pounced on by Wilson Kneeshaw, who pulled it back for his team-mate to slide home.

Darlington's goalkeeper Jake Turner twice denied the Bulls before the break, firstly stopping Eliot Richards' shot with his foot and then picking Kieran Thomas' shot out of the top corner.

Hereford fightback began in the 58th minute when Thomas volleyed home inside the box after a corner was headed away.

Tom Owen-Evans was only denied by the bar with a fiercely hit shot from outside the box.

And then on the 66th minute Hereford were level after Kyle Finn's cross was put into the back of his own net by Terrance Galbraith while under Mike Symons pressure.

Just four minutes later the Bulls were ahead after Finn's cross was met by an arm resulting in a penalty which Tom Owen-Evans dispatched.

Darlington looked to respond again and Mitchell Glover's low cross was cleared off the goal-line by Jordan Cullinane-Liburd before Yates was forced into action.

The victory was sealed in the 91st minute as Smith slotted home after Danny Greenslade crossed from the byline.

"The performance levels over the last 10 games have been consistently good and in the first half they were nowhere near where they have been in recent weeks," added Richards.

"We looked lethargic and sloppy and you only have to look at the second goal which was a mistake from us.

"It gave us a massive uphill struggle for the second half, but to be fair to the boys they have done extremely well and managed to turn it around.

"You saw in the second half where these boys can get to in terms of what they can produce. We were good value for the result at the end of the 90 minutes.

"It's that turning point in the season."

Hereford: Yates, Oates, Greenslade, Thomas, Cullinane-Liburd, Gowling (c), O'Sullivan, Owen-Evans, Richards (Smith 84), Roberts (Finn 59), Symons

Unused subs: Wesolowski, Wharton, Hill