THE Hereford Awaydays travel service have banned three supporters following incident's surrounding yesterday's game at Farnborough.

Home player Lewis Farrell was sent off after he threw a smoke bomb back into the crowd shortly after Jamie Bird put the Bulls 2-0 up.

As reported following the game, the referee would have abandoned the game if more were let off.

Reg Reynolds, who set up the Hereford Awaydays service, says that three people have since been banned from travelling for flares and drink related incidents.

"Hereford Awaydays was set up for safe travel and enjoyment at decent family pubs/clubhouses with food and beverages, football and enjoyment," said Reynolds in a statement posted on the group's Facebook page.

"We shouldn't have to monitor everybody everytime we go away."

Hereford club officials have already said they have been made aware of names and images circulating on social media – which is being looked into – but would still ask anyone with further information to contact us at

"The club will not tolerate this type of behaviour from any of its supporters and when the individuals responsible are identified they will be dealt with severely," reads a Hereford FC club statement.

"Match officials at the game advised our management team that the game was close to being abandoned and clearly the smoke grenades are not only a danger to supporters at the game, the actions of a tiny number of individuals could also have a negative impact on the efforts of the players on the field.

"This is in addition to any post-match punishment the club might face from the football authorities.

"If anyone has information about the individual or individuals involved in the incidents with the smoke grenades yesterday, please make contact with the club as soon as possible.

"Anyone who believes it is sensible to enter a football stadium with a smoke grenade and throw it onto the field of play is not welcome to associate themselves with Hereford FC.

"The club would, however, like to take this opportunity to thank the vast majority of its fans for the fantastic support they offered the team once again yesterday.

"As usual, the vocal encouragement was magnificent and it made a real difference once again.

"Finally, club officials would also like to thank Farnborough for the excellent welcome that was extended to everyone associated with the Bulls yesterday – it is hoped that the actions of one or two mindless idiots did not overshadow what was an enjoyable afternoon and an exciting game of football."

Talking to Hereford's official YouTube channel, Hereford manager Pete Beadle added: "We had one flare in the first half and two in the second and the referee is saying if one more comes on, he's abandoning the game,"

"And that's not what we need right now.

"We want them to come and do what they do best, which is support us and get behind us, but as much as we want them to be with us, they need to take a little bit of responsibility with what problems they can cause when things like that happen."

"We don't want it at grounds or at any of our football matches."

Farnborough counterpart Spencer Day said that Farrell was wrong to do what he did.

"There were a couple of idiots throwing fireworks, but that's no excuse, Lewis Farrell can't throw it in the crowd," Spencer told Farnborough's official website.

"Someone could have been seriously hurt.

"It was really silly and he will be dealt with.

"He has put his hands up and it's an incident thing.

"We're sick of having fireworks thrown onto the pitch.

"But at the end of the game, we've given them a game, I'm just frustrated that, even with 10 men, we've got ourselves a sniff of the game and we haven't given ourselves a chance to really go at them because they've gone and scored."

Farnborough's Adam Everitt and Luke King were both booked in the opening 10 minutes, fouls of which Beadle felt could have warranted red cards.

"They're saying they're red cards, never a million years from where I am," added Day.

"They were down to our mistakes that exposed us and put us under pressure."

Hereford won the game 4-2 thanks to two John Mills goals.

Beadle was pleased with his side's performance overall, but felt his team could have put the game to bed much sooner.

Perry Coles gave the home side a lifeline in the 95th minute, which made it 3-2 in Hereford's favour

Luckily for Beadle, his team hit back straight away thanks to substitute Mike Symons to seal the win.

"We've got to be more ruthless," said Beadle.

"We were 3-1 up and cruising and should have four, five, six out sight.

"We've got to put teams to the sword more."

Hereford had a great chance to open the scoring in the ninth minute, but Lance Smith's effort was cleared off the line after Mill's shot was saved.

Martin Horsell then saved well for Hereford before the first smoke bomb was reportedly let off.

Just like he did in the Bulls' previous game against King's Lynn, Mills scored on the stroke of half time.

Farnborough failed to clear their lines and Mills was on hand to slot home his 100th league goal in a Hereford shirt.

Jamie Bird – who had earlier went close for the Bulls – then headed home a Pablo Haysham free kick in the 61st minute to make it 2-0.

That led to another smoke bomb being let off, which led to Farrell's dismissal.

Farnborough pulled a goal back 19 minutes from time when a corner from Andrew Harris-Sealey went straight in.

Horsell was upset because he felt he was bundled into the goal when he tried to collect the ball, but the goal was given.

However poor defending from the home side gifted Mills his second goal of the afternoon just eight minutes later.

The drama was not over as both sides scored in stoppage time, but Hereford deserved the win.

Beadle's team are now above Kettering in the Evo-Stik South table in third place, with King's Lynn still leading the way.

Hereford: Horsell, Oates, Pring, Richards (O'Shea 80), Green, Liburd, Reffell, Bird (Purdie 80), Mills, Haysham, Smith (Symons 77).

Subs not used: Preen, Puddy.

Attendance: 812.